ı 09 ı Dead Walking

˙ ˙ ˙

"You love is like a soldier, loyal till you die."

˙ ˙ ˙

JAMES POV

"Lexi?" I gape, furrowing my brows in both confusion and shock.

"James." Lexi grins.

The last time I saw my sister Damon held a stake over her chest and pierced it through her heart, killing her right before my eyes. I had witnessed my sister die, but now she was standing right in front of me, the familiar cheeky grin on her face as she holds her arms open, waiting for a hug.

I laugh and shake my head before speeding into her arms and engulfing her into a tight hug- a hug I never thought I'd feel again.

I grip onto the back of her shirt, still confused as to if any of this is real.

"How are you here?" I ask, releasing her from the hug.

"I don't know honestly. Your witch friend must have released the vail from the other side making it possible for us to physically touch the living," Lexi explains.

"Wait, so you're telling me every dead person can now touch us, touch me? Every person I've killed can touch me??" Damon asks, hinting towards the dozens of people he's killed, one of them standing right in front of him.

Lexi turns to Damon, walking towards him.

"That's right Damon. That means I can do this," Lexi says, before raising her first and punching Damon square in the jaw forcing him backwards to the floor, slamming right on his back.

"Yup. I deserved that one," Damon groans, rubbing his jaw.

"You sure did," Lexi says with a smirk. "That's for killing me."

Just then, Joel walks in from the kitchen with a glass of bourbon, his eyes opening wide at the sight of our sister. Only now do I realize he still doesn't know that she's dead. There hasn't really been a good time to inform him.

"Lexi! I was just wondering when I was going to see you again! Where have you been?" Joel asks, wrapping our sister in a hug.

Lexi glances back at me, a look of sympathy on her face as she releases Joel.

"It's good to see you Joel," she says warily, clearly biting her tongue.

"Look, I don't know how long I can stay here, but I heard Stefan turned his humanity off. I think Blair did too?" Lexi asks, cautious of how she phrases her words.

"Yes, they have," Damon says, glaring at Joel who holds his breath making his cheeks puffy.

"Well, I can't bring Blair back, but I can try with Stefan," Lexi says. "Give me your car and phone so I can call Elena," she demands Damon.

"Excuse me? My car?" Damon scoffs.

"Yeah, let's not forget that you owe me buddy," she says, receiving a sigh from Damon.

Damon reaches into his pocket and hands over his keys along with his phone, handing them to my sister.

"Awe, thanks buddy!" she says. "You might want to fill Joel in about the whole barrier to the other side thing before things get worse. See you guys later," she says as she walks out the door.

Joel turns to me with a raised brow, but I only sigh.

"Listen, I've killed a lot of people, so its probably best I stay hidden here," Damon says.