ı 14 ı Snow Globe

˙ ˙ ˙

"Right now there's a steel knife in my windpipe. I can't breathe but I still fight while I can fight."

˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

As quick as I flip the switch, I want to switch it back. I want to reverse time and cheat at this crippling game of Jenga but by now it's too late.

Everything I did while high on the off switch is flooding my mind like a parasite, making it so I can't process anything else but that of my own mind. My own mind is playing tricks on me, replaying all the horrendous things I did.

The innocent people I killed, the work I did for Klaus, my family that I hurt, but worst of all killing Mikael.

I don't regret what I did to Mikael. I regret the choice I made. I chose to take vengeance on my father rather then save the memories that I longed for. I didn't realize how much the memories meant to me while on the off switch, but now I realize those memories are irreplaceable, and I just threw them away. My anger and my need to feel rage has once again consumed me.

I fall to my knees while I process it all, unable to keep myself up any longer. So many emotions are thrown at my face at once, each one smacking me hard in the chest making it all unbearable.

It's as if I'm in a snow globe, all the emotions surrounding me in a flying frenzy. I know they'll all settle soon, but as of right now I can't make anything out clearly. That, and because of the amount of tears collecting in my eyes making my vision blurry.

I keep my head to the floor and prepare for the wrath of Damon as a figure approaches me. Instead of being yelled and scolded, I'm being picked up gently into someone's arms, being cradled comfortably against their strong chest. I don't have to clear the tears from my blurry vision to know it's James. The familiar smell of him gives it away.

I can't even begin to think of what I put James through the last month and a half. This is the closet contact we've had since my disappearance with Klaus. I always through our reunion would be under more jovial circumstances, but I'm too overwhelmed with other emotions to think about any of it.

So instead, I close my eyes and let it all in. It's painful, I'll admit to that, but I'm use to pain.

I let James lay me down in the back seat of his truck while he drives away with an angry Damon in the passenger seat. I can hear them talking but it sounds more like background noise, like static from a television. I don't bother to listen closely to see whether or not they are talking to me. For now I'm an dysfunctioning vampire, not operational.

I don't dare open my eyes out of fear that I'll see something that will spark another emotion while I'm already busy processing the hundreds of others at the moment.

I wait until the truck stops and James carries me back into the house to open them again to see that he's placed me on the couch in front of the fireplace.

I don't want to confront anyone at the moment, nor do I want to think. So I close my eyes and drift to an emotion filled sleep.

˙ ˙ ˙

JAMES POV

The moment Blair fell to her knees I knew something was wrong.

Everything was so chaotic and happened so fast, the next thing I knew the only weapon that could kill an original- that could kill Klaus- was sticking out of Mikael's chest before his body went up in flames.