ı 10 ı Surviver

˙ ˙ ˙

"It is the world to me that you are in my life, but I want to live not just survive."

˙ ˙ ˙

JAMES POV

While Lexi and Elena take care of emotionless Stefan, the four of us take care of Blair by placing her in the cell down in the basement.

Although our plan is unclear, we know the first step to getting Blair back is to lock her up where Klaus can't find her.

"Why are you here? I said we would call you when we had her locked up," I ask Elijah as he closes the cell door where Blair lays unconscious inside.

"That was before two of the wolves I had previously ripped hearts out of a few months back showed up, along with several other ghosts on my long list of victims. Want to explain that?" Elijah asks.

I scratch the back of my neck. "Yeah, Bonnie sort of messed up the vail between the other side."

"Ooo, the noble Elijah Mikaelson has a long list of victims?" Joel instigates.

"A lot can happen over one thousand years," Elijah shrugs. "When does Bonnie plan on fixing this problem?" Elijah asks impatiently.

"Soon, hopefully. But we need Mason Lockwood for information, and Pearls Daughter Anna for some necklace, so I guess you could say we're at a bit of a crossy roads," Joel says jokingly as we begin to make our way upstairs.

I scowl and roll my eyes. "Remind me why we need Mason Lockwood," I ask, recalling what he and Blair did a few hours ago.

"We don't, but Damon thinks we do. He says Mason knows a weapon that can kill an original," Joel explains.

"And where is Damon now?" Elijah questions.

While I stand there cluelessly, a childish grin begins to grow on my brother's face. Joel has never been the best liar, not even now as he attempts to cover for Damon.

"He's with Mason, isn't he?" I ask, the smirk on my brothers face already telling me the answer.

I sigh and run a hand through my hair. "I'm going to find him," I say as I grab my coat and keys.

"And I am going to watch over the coffins. With ghosts wandering around, I don't want anyone to find anything not meant to be found incase they say something not meant to be said," Elijah says, following behind me.

"I didn't bloody understand a bloody thing that came out of your mouth Dracula," Joel says to Elijah.  "Are you two really going to bloody leave me here to watch over Blair by myself? What the bloody hell is this?" Joel protests petulantly.

"Yes, we are. If she wakes, call us," I say as I open the door. Just as I'm about to close the door, I poke my head in. "Oh, and Joel, if you say 'bloody' one more time, I will wash your mouth out with soap," I say before giving him a sarcastic smirk, and closing the door.

˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

The only thing about pain, is that it's a different feeling that you can't escape. Unlike an emotion, it's something you cannot simply turn off, no matter how convenient that would make things at the moment.

However, through pain there comes sadness and anger followed by a rush of adrenaline that fuels a vampire's need for blood.

For an emotionless vampire on the other hand, pain is our greatest enemy as it is the one true thing we can feel, but not escape.