ı 13 ı Jenga

˙ ˙ ˙

"I'm walking down the line that divides me somewhere in my mind on the boarder line of the edge where I walk alone"

˙ ˙ ˙

BLAIR POV

"Thank you," I say after I grab a half empty beer bottle from a random girl. She yells and goes to slap me, but I'm too quick as I push her backwards sending her stumbling  into the crowd of people.

I laugh to myself as I turn the corner, coming face to face with none other than Caroline.

When she spots me, her whole expression changes. The huge grin instantly diminishes from her face and changes to a more softer frown instead. I sip my beer while I think about whether I want to talk to her or turn around. Apparently I'm not given a choice as she approaches me.

"That's a beautiful dress Blair." She smiles, glancing down at my long navy blue dress. It was the most modern looking dress I could find in Klaus's massive closet.

"I know right." I smirk, bringing the bottle to my lips again. Caroline only sighs and shakes her head.

"Did you know Klaus was going to be here?" she asks.

"Is Bourbon Damon's favourite drink?" I remark with a snort, amused with my own joke.

"Dammit Blair, I can't even have a decent conversation with you! When will you end this whole humanity-less thing?" she asks irritably.

"I'll end it when I need to end it," I snap, suddenly feeling defensive. I've now lost interest in this conversation. I move to walk by her but she grabs my wrist and holds me in place. 

"Blair, you're my friend. I know you saved my life the other night, and I know for a split second you felt something," Caroline pleads, her eyes sparkling with tears.

"That's was a mistake that will never happen again," I mutter as I yank my wrist from her grasp.

Caroline scoffs and shakes her head in defeat. "Why?" she asks before I can walk away. "Why did you turn it off?"

I pause, thinking about why I actually turned it off. "Because letting go hurts less than holding on," I say, glaring into her sky blue eyes. Admitting it out loud makes me want to do nothing more than run for the hills or dive into the crowd- anything to get me out of this situation. I don't want to make small talk.

She opens her mouth to say something, but we're interrupted by Tyler Lockwood who looks rather too perturbed for my liking.

"Both of you. I need to talk to you," he says, leading us into a random bedroom.

He closes the door and turns to Caroline and I with a rather estranged look on his face, a bead of sweat trailing down his forehead.

"Whatever you guys are planning with Klaus, you need to shut it down. He has hybrids everywhere, all sired to kill anyone who is a threat," Tyler chastises us.

"What?" Caroline asks obliviously.

"Yeah... about that," I begin, but I don't get a chance to explain as Tyler pushes me up against the wall, his hands wrapped around my neck and his hybrid fangs bared.

"You need to get everyone out of here. Bonnie, Elena, Matt- all of them," he growls.

"Not my job." I manage to say as I gag for air.

"Tyler?" Matt says from behind us. His voice suddenly snaps Tyler out of his trance, and he releases my grip. As soon as he does so, I bare my own fangs and pin him against the wall, holding his arm behind the back. I press hard on his arm, inches away from dislocating it.