ı 14 ı Bliss

˙ ˙ ˙

"I'll be the shelter that won't let the rain come through."

˙ ˙ ˙

THE BRIGHT morning sun peaks through the cracks of the curtains, the sun so bright that I can see the light through my closed eyelids. I inhale a deep breath before I open my eyes, finding that I'm not in my own bedroom, but rather James's. My brows scrunch in confusion, but they soon rest once I remember everything that happened last night. Instead my confusion is replaced with happiness, a smile appearing on my face.

I roll over and see that James is still there, facing me with his eyes closed peacefully. However, my sudden movement causes him to wake. He opens one eye as he stares at my smiling self.

"Why are you smiling? You're never this happy in the morning," James grumbles sleepily, closing his eyes before turning into his pillow.

"I have a lot to be happy about," I shrug, sliding closer to James as he groans groggily into his pillow.

"I just want to stay here all day," he says into his pillow, his words barely sounding like words through the muffled sound.

I laugh and bring my hand to his face, rubbing my thumb idly over his cheekbone, and tracing over his ear. "Trust me, so do I but my brothers are coming back today," I say.

James suddenly groans before turning over, his hair perfectly ruffled in a handsome form of bedhead. "Are you ready to feel their wrath?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I ask, bringing the sheets up higher to my neck on my bare chest.

"About us? What do you think they'll say?" he asks, shifting in an upright position.

I raise my brow, finding amusement in his reaction. "James, are you scared of my brothers?" I tease.

He scoffs playfully before turning on his back. "No, I'm not scared. I'm just- Stefan's my friend, and I-," he stutters, not knowing how to put his thoughts into words. I understand what he's getting at though. He didn't want things to be awkward between him and Stefan, and that's something I can respect.

"Stefan will understand, and so will Damon. To be honest I think all of them already assumed we were a thing, so this shouldn't come as much of a surprise," I say.

He smiles kindly before reaching his arm over, pulling me close to him. He places a gentle, deep kiss on my lips before breaking away, rubbing his thumb across my cheek. "You are absolutely beautiful," he whispers, making my cheeks blush. 

Thankfully he doesn't notice as he leans in for another kiss, bringing me back to a perfect state of bliss that I feel every time he touches me- or rather every time I'm around him. I couldn't be in a happier place at the moment, and frankly I could stay here with him forever, but the numbers on the clock beside his bed say otherwise.

"Shit," I mutter against his lips, reading that it's noon. My brothers are probably already back.

He breaks apart and reads the time, sighing in frustration before lifting off the sheets to get dressed. I do the same, turning around to put my clothes back on. As James heads to his closet to change into new clothes, I walk to the door so I can change into new clothes in my room.

"Meet you downstairs?" James calls from inside his closet.

"Yup," I say with a chipper tone, popping the 'p'.

I walk down to my room and change into new clothes that consist of a pair of dark jeans and a simple white t-shirt before heading downstairs where James is already cooking breakfast. I smile at the sight before pulling up a stool to watch. I would help, but I honestly don't know how to cook. The last time I tried, I almost burned the house down.