Chapter 27- The Boss

Start from the beginning

I walk past my guys, they moved out of the way to give me space, and I begin walking towards the front door of the President's home. I hear their footsteps right behind me and the crickets of the nights.

We stop in front of the steps and I go up first. They stayed at the bottom of the stairs and I stop in front of the double doors. I raise my hand and brush my knuckles against the wooden door and knocked a couple of times.

I take a step back and put my arms right behind me and stand up straight, making sure I look appropriate in front of the president. I look back and signal my guys to straighten up and they do what they were told.

I hear the door open and I look back to see a man in a black suit and I smile, greeting him politely...

"Hello sir my name is Izayan Colbolt, Corpral of-"

"Yeah I know who you are"

I hold my tongue and was taken back by shock from the tone of his voice towards me. I keep my composure and seal my mouth shut but I had to speak. I was sure he knew why we were here...

"Well...we are here to see the president and discuss the situation about the ai-"

"Yes he's expecting you"

My patience was running low with this guy because every little thing that I said he would always interrupt me and for some reason I have this feeling he is trying to push my buttons and get on my nerves...

"May we see him please?"

"Yes....this way"

He opens the door wide open for me and I turn around signaling my guys to follow me. They walk up the steps and I walk through the door to be greeted by a gigantic ceiling with a chandelier hanging from it. The place was a bright white and everything was so clean.

Every bookcase, statue, painting and shelve was organized into its place. I awe in amazement because this was the first time ever being inside the White House. I hear the door close and see the man in the black suit walking up ahead of me.

I look back to make sure my soldiers were following and right behind me. They were and I look back following the man towards the president's room...

Y o u

I feel something soft pressed against the side of my body and left cheek. I was leaning on something and it kept moving.

Suddenly I feel it push me away and I wake up immediately. My eyes open wide but burn the instant light hits my vision. I squint and blink a couple of time to adjust the brightness to my sight.

Finally the light dimmed down and I was able to see clearer. I look around to see I was sitting up against a wall, arms and legs tied, and on a large sized bed.

I was in a room but not like a prison or jail of some sorts but of an actual bedroom. There were cabinets and drawers on each side of a wall. A huge mirror on another wall and a window on my right. Everything was organized and clean and...white?

"Am I dead?" I whisper to myself

"Then I guess we're both dreaming at the same time and we're both dead also"

I jump up with fright and I turn my head to my left to see Asriel sitting right next to me. His legs and arms were tied as well but...his head was bleeding.

"Asriel your bleeding!"

"Oh this? Nah this is nothin' I've been through worse trust me. But keep it down or they'll hear you"

"They?"

He sighs, tilts his head and averts his eyes to the door in front of us. I look at him confused and I focus my hearing on the door...