CH 28

Soojung's POV

Eun Na texted me to come to a noraebang telling me she has important news to tell me. I wonder what is it about. So, here I am, at the karaoke place looking for the room EunNa texted. I spotted room 15 and knocked on the door before entering. The light in the room is turned off but I see a cake with candles lit. I can see that my friends are all in the room.

"Happy Birthday!" they all screamed.

Suddenly the lights are back on. I walk to the center of the room where they are standing.

"Happy Birthday,unnie." said Jieun who is holding the cake.

"Make a wish and blow the candles." Eun Na winked at me with a cheeky smile.

What was that supposed to mean? I make a wish and blew the candle.

"Thank you, guys. I thought no one remembers my birthday- "I fake pout. "I was about to buy myself a cake and listen to Pity Party on repeat. Kidding, I don't care if you guys forgot my birthday. I just want us to be friends forever."I said after hugging Jieun, Eun Na, and Bora in a group hug looking at my other friends. (A/N; The girls are now friends with Bora btw)

"Soojung, are you saying that we're forgetful? Ouch."Jaehyun said while putting his hand on his chest pretending to be hurt. I can see him pouting.

I laugh at him and squished his cheeks.

"Jaehyun, can you stop being a baby? Let's just get this party started!"Johnny said while rolling his eyes before grabbing a microphone.

He picked "Rhythm Ta" on the machine and started singing very loudly. I took a seat and started eating snacks that are on the table while watching my friends having fun. I suddenly feel someone sitting next to me.I look at my left side and saw it's Taeyong. He smiled at me and said,

"Hi, Soojung. Happy Birthday!" His smile is my favourite thing in the whole wide world. His smile could treat every illness in this world.

I smile at him."Thank you, Taeyong."

I don't know why my heart is beating so fast. It's not like this is the first time I'm sitting next to him so close. I quietly scold my heart, hoping it stop beating so hard. I feel like my heart is about to burst. I don't know why.

After singing all of our favourite songs, we took a break.

"Guys, I'm getting more snacks. Who's coming with me?"Johnny said, getting up from his seat. I could see Johnny eyeing Taeyong. They look like they're talking through their eyes.

Almost everyone in the room screamed "me!".I look at them weirdly while observing their faces one by one. They avoid eye-contact with me and quickly getting out from the room, leaving only Taeyong and I in the room.

"Let's go with them."I stand up and was about to turn to the door when Taeyong grabbed my hand, stopping me from going out of the room.

"Soojung, I have something to tell you."I look up at him, looking at his perfect face. How can someone be this perfect?

"I like you. I like you since last year when our teacher asked me to sit next to you. I like it when you read your novels. You always look so focus when reading. I started to bully you(playfully) because I'm afraid to show you that I like you I was scared that you will hate me because I always make fun of you."He said while looking deeply into my eyes. He looks very sincere.

"But now, I am confident to confess my feelings to you. Soojung, will you be my girlfriend?"He adds. He looked at my face with a serious look which make me more nervous.

"Taeyong, I like you too."

"Is that a yes?"

"Yes!" I smile brightly at him while squeezing his hand which is still holding my hand. He gave me a very very wide bright smile.

"Awww!"We heard squelling from outside of the room. We turn at the door and saw that our friends peeking from the slightly-open door."Congrats!" they yelled.

Jaehyun trapped me in a hug. "Aww, my baby bear now has a boyfriend." He said after breaking the hug, pouting while squishing my cheeks."You still love me right, Soojung?"

"Of course, my Jae."I said.

I heard someone coughing. I look beside me and saw Taeyong looking at us.

"Jaehyun, can you stop hugging my girlfriend?"Taeyong said while pulling me to his side.

"Excuse me, you have no right to tell me that."Jaehyun said sassily.

"Yes, I do."

"No, you don't."

I rolled my eyes and started to walk away.

"Oh btw, Soojung-ah.You talk about me everynight before bed huh? I bet you were talkingabout how perfect my face is," Taeyong said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Baek EunNa!Lee Jieun!" I screamed, stomping my feet.

Today is the best day of my 19 years of living in this world. I have the best group of friends and a dorky boyfriend. I feel like I'm the happiest girl in the whole wide world. I smile looking at my friends.

#TaeyongSoojung4ever

#LeeJieunIsABetrayer

#BaekEunNaIsABetrayer