Chapter 30: New Beginnings

1 year later...

Cheetah

"Baby stop!  I screamed as Trae tickled me.

She chased me around the house and finally caught me on the couch.

"Not until you say sorry big daddy." She mimicked.

I'm laughing so hard that I can't breath. My face turned red.

"Noo!" I said between laughs. It felt like I was going to piss on myself.

"OK! OK! Sorry big daddy!"  I gave in.

She stopped tickling me and kissed me on my lips. 

"That's a good girl."

I playfully pushed her then she smacked me on my ass as I got up.

Finally got my memory back and after six months of recovery, I can walk again.

I quit stripping and Trae  pay my way in college. I'm now a full time student.

My baby been taking care of me and kept her promise to me.

She's been right by my side my whole recovery and pay my way to go to college.

She's been the missing piece in my life and I'm  thankful she's been so supportive.

Trae got me reconnected to my parents. I found out that my parents  is Guyanese. The reason why they gave me away because they were too poor to provide me a good life.

I'm building a relationship with them slowly but  surely.

Also I met Trae's sister Dee. She's cool and liked me off the bat. Dee told me that she thinks I'm the one for her sister.

I'n supposed to meet the rest of  my family next week. Life's been looking  great for me.

I walked to the kitchen to fix us lunch. I took out the steak Umms.

"Baby something in the mail came for you." Trae called out from the front door.

Murda ran towards me and I gave him a piece of baloney. Trae kissed me on my cheek.

She handed me the envelope  .

"Baby girl I'm to take a shower. You need anything before I go?"

"No, I'm good."

She kissed on my cheek then walked to the bathroom.

I opened the envelope up. It says it's from the penitentiary and from Moni Brown.

In the envelope their was a letter. I unfolded it and began to read it.

Dear Cheetah,

I know I'm the last person you want a talk to right now, but I had to reach out to you. I'm  sorry about what happened to you and glad you recovered. As you already know by now, I'm in the penitentiary. These crackers finally caught me for a robbery and murder charge. I'm not even tripping though because I made my bed and its time for me to lie in it. This jail experience has been a blessing in disguise for me. I've been learning more about my religion and changed my ways. I'm not trying to get back with you or no shit like that. I just want a apologize for all the fucked up shit I done to you. You didn't deserve that shit and I was dumb for letting go. Congratulations, on you being  in college. I don't want a hold you too long so that's all I wanted to say to you.

From Yours Truly,

Moni

F.Y.I