Chapter 27: The Big Payback

Moni

I went in the back of the ambulance with Deonte as the paramedics did their best to keep him alive.

They pumped oxygen in his lifeless body. Deonte's eyes was staring at me. I was holding his hands and telling him to keep fighting

"His vitals are getting weak!" One of the paramedics exclaimed.

I began to get nervous and gripped his hand tighter. I didn't want to lose another brother.

Even though Marco betrayed me deeply, I still have love for the nigga. You don't stop loving somebody just because they hurt you.

Love makes you do the most craziest shit.

The ambulance truck came to an abrupt  stop and the paramedics hauled Deonte off to the entrance of the hospital.

I was right behind them still holding his hand until one of the doctors told me I had to let go so they can take him to surgery.

I rubbed my hands through my hair in frustration.

"Fuck!" I screamed and banged my fist on the wall.

I got stares from people in the waiting room and the hospital staffs but I didn't give a fuck.

"Fuck y'all looking at?" I snapped.

I sat back down and put my hand in my lap. I still had Deonte's blood on my shirt.

I knew I was getting a dose of Karma for all the wrong I done in my life.

From the robbing to the killing. Now I'm seeing how it feels to be on the other end of the stick.

It felt like everybody around me was dying. Maybe this is God's way of showing me it's time to change and get out this lifestyle.

"Baby, is that you?" I heard a voice asked.

I looked up to see Monica. Instantly, I became filled with rage.

I snatched her hand and dragged her to the women's bathroom. I took her into one of the stalls and slammed the door shut.

I gripped her by her neck and choked her against the wall.

"Bitch, I know you have something to do with Marco getting killed. If I found out you sent out a hit on Deonte too, I'm a kill you bitch!" I threatened as I added pressure around her neck.

She began to let out gasps of air. I finally let her neck go and she sink down to the floor.

I was about to exit the stall until I felt her grab my leg.

She was holding on to it like her life depended on it. She was crying and shaking hysterically.

"No! You're not leaving me again, I love you!" She cried.

I looked down at her in disgust and realized how pathetic she was.

"Get the fuck off of me!" I yelled. I shook my leg to get this hoe off of me but that didn't work.