Chapter 16: Tecs & Kilos

Moni

"Moni wake ya ass up!" Deonte yelled.

"I'm up. I'm up. What's wrong?" I asked groggily.

"Monica and Marco was in a car accident!"

"What? How did you found out?"

"It was on the news! C'mon we got a go!"

I got up and put my timbs on and followed Deonte out the door.

We got in his jeep and before I could close the door all the way, Deonte sped off.

"Damn, slow down before you catch a ticket!" I commented as he almost ran a red light.

"I'm just trying to get there as fast as I can. They say Monica's in a coma and Marco's on life support."

"What?" I exclaimed.

"In the car accident Monica flew out the car and she hit the pavement head first. She had a bad concussion that made her slip into a coma. Marco was still in the car but a piece of glass got stuck in his neck."

"What hospital they're in?"

"Southside Regional."

"Man, I just got off the phone with Marco two hours ago." I said in disbelief.

I took off my Snap back off and rub my fingers through my hair.

This can't be real.

"I know man."

The rest of the car was silent as both of us was trapped in our thoughts.

When we pulled up at the hospital, it was pack and Deonte had to park in the back.

The ambulance sped in the front of the hospital and the ambulance people carried a person on a stretcher to the entrance.

I hate the hospital because it reminds me of death. I knew I couldn't be in here for long.

I rushed to the lady to the front desk.

"Excuse me ma'am, do you have a Monica Davis and Marco David here?"

"Hold on one sec."

She scanned the computer screen for a minute then nodded her head.

"Yes, we do but Monica is in intensive care. You can visit Marco he's in room 203, second floor."

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." She replied flirtatiously but I didn't pay her any mind and kept it moving.

I pressed the button to the elevator and the doors opened. Deonte and I got in and waited in complete silence.

"Moni, l got something to tell you." He stated seriously.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"The day we went to the basketball court, I caught Marco and Monica kissing."

"What?" I exclaimed, elevating my voice.

"I'm not lying." He replied.

"I didn't say you were. Why you assuming shit?"

"You don't have to, I can see it in your eyes."

"Look, it's not the time to discuss this right now. I'm trying to see if my brother is alright. We'll talk about this later." I said, dismissing the conversation.

I didn't want a hear this shit right now, specially when my best friend is laying on his death bed.

The elevator doors opened and I quickly rushed to found Marco's room.