We Don't Talk Anymore

Walking into a room full of people who you knew, but didn't acquaint yourself with, was somewhat daunting. You held tightly onto your partners hand, squeezing it and him squeezing it back for reassurance. In this room were about 5 of your friends. One of which was your kind-of-ex-boyfriends-but-also-your-bestfriend-too. Which made things a little trickier and narrowed your friends down to 4. 2 of which, had boyfriends so were usually already in conversation, so again. That narrowed it down to 2. Two was better than none I suppose.

You hadn't seen a lot of these people since your some-what public breakup with your ex. Dan Howell. A lot of people glanced your way when you entered the room. Even more turned around when they noticed you had a plus one. You looked up at your partner (We'll name him Josh) and smiled, he gave you a half smile in return. Maybe he was more nervous than you were.

The night was filled with awkward glances from Dan's friends, other nosey people and Dan. You continued catching up with those in your small friendship circle and those who had joined. Chatting to Louise, Zoe, Niomi, Gabby, Mark and Evan, Louise began looking at you awkwardly. You raised an eyebrow and threw a confused look at her.

'I'll be back in a minute, just going to get a drink with Lousie' you whispered in Josh's ear and pecked him on the cheek. He smiled and his hand glided down your back as you walked away. You and Louise headed to the bar where you began questioning her.

'The staring meant what exactly?' you chuckled.

'Have you not noticed how Dan keeps staring at you?' She says shocked.

'Urh- nope, can't say I have paid too much attention to my ex when my current boyfriend is stood right next to me' You replied blankly.

Louise huffed. 'I don't think you get why I'm shocked at his staring y/n'

'Uh.. Because I look fucking amazing? Duh?' You replied sassily, laughing.

'Well yeah y/n, but Dan has a new kinda.. Well.. Girlfriend' she finally spits out.

You were shocked by this information. It had been around 2 months that you and Dan had split up and you and Josh had only been together 3 weeks.

'O-o-oh' you replied. Not knowing what to say to the new information.

You shrugged it off and returned back to the group. You wrapped your arms around Josh and began to kiss him.

As the night went on, you remained with your group but most people separated off as they got more intoxicated and found new people to talk too.

'I'm gunna head to the bathroom before we go. I'll meet you by the door' Josh said to you. You smiled sweetly as you parted from him.

You walked slowly over to the bar and placed your glass down. You turned slowly around when you noticed Dan stood next to you at the bar.

'Dan..'

'Y/N' Dan said, before eying you up and down. He smiled sweetly at you, almost as if he still cared. You smiled back.

'Uh so enjoy the rest of your evening' you stated quickly before hurrying off to the door to meet Josh.

Dan's POV
She looked amazing, I couldn't help but wish I was the one who would be taking her home and getting to sleep next to her. No Dan, snap out of it. Your with Grace now. (Not Grace Helbig) You were the one to let Y/N go, don't be pitying yourself now.

'Uuuuh- hello, earth to Danieeeel' Zoe waved her hands in front of my face. I must have been caught in a day dream.

I chuckled at Zoe's attempt to grab my attention. I turned towards her, giving her my attention.

'Why did you just let y/n go?' Zoe raised an eyebrow at me.

'We don't talk anymore and I'd rather not know what she gets up to with him' I say blankly.

It hurt. But it was true. We don't talk anymore.

---------
Sorry this was looong and honestly poop. I hope you enjoyed anyway. If you didn't guess this was inspired by good ol' Charlie Puth & Selena Gomez - We Don't Talk Anymore. Eyyy okay bye