Just Friends

Inspired by ToxicAnimeAngel 's Phil smut - 'The Past' (go check it out in her story - 'Phan X Reader Smut')

You headed back home from work sluggishly as you remembered you couldn't just relax when you got home. Someone had invited you to a stupid college reunion that quite honestly, you couldn't care less about. The day had been long and tiring, you wanted nothing more than to be able to get into some fuzzy pajamas and head to bed but instead you had to make an effort to look good in front of all your old college friends.

The only reason you were going was so 1) you could judge your old college class from how they were to how they are now and 2) to prove you were a little less egg looking and also a very social human. Which neither of the latter were really very true. But nonetheless, you were still going to prove a point.

After bathing and beautifying yourself for what seemed like a decade, you were finally ready. Wearing a simple little black dress, small heals and a light jacket. It was September, so it had started to chill down in the evenings, a light jacket was necessary. You made sure your makeup accentuated your best features and your (hair length) was sleekly straight.

As you jumped into an uber you pondered what it was you missed, if anything, about college. There wasn't much going for you at that time. You weren't a super party animal, but neither did you shy away from parties. You kept it well balanced. There wasn't any romance in college so no awkward break-up stories to be shared. There wasn't much you hated about college but there wasn't much you loved either. It was just an okay experience.

As you arrived at the venue, an old community hall next door to your college, you walked slowly up to the entrance. The voice in your head was fighting over whether you should enter or just go home, but you reminding yourself that you had come way to far to go home now. And put way too much effort in to go home, at least one person, besides your driver, was going to see the effort you had made for tonight.

You entered the chatter and laughter filled room as your class mates caught up with one another. It had only been 4 years since you last saw 90% of these people, so conversation shouldn't be too hard. 'Ha funny' you thought to yourself. The first person you gravitated for was the barman, ordering an orange juice. You didn't wanna make a fool of yourself considering you wanted to prove that you were a wonderful woman now.

Your eyes scanned the room as the soft music and chatter surrounded your ears. There was one person you couldn't quite take your eyes off and you couldn't work out why.

*flashback*

"I don't know if we should continue this anymore"

"Why? It's just sex!"

"But is it? Is that all you really want out of this?"

"Fine, no sex then.. just friends.."

*present*

You remembered the person your eyes locked on all night was your old fuck buddy. Daniel Howell. It just happened one night and after that became a regular thing, until you broke it off. It was getting 'too involved' apparently, so you became 'just friends' but never really saw him again. You had many common interests like gaming and the internet so you would spend evenings together that just turned into sex sessions, which pleased both of you for a while.

You spun yourself around as you saw Dan's attention turn your way. You thought there would be no awkwardness but hey, y/n look at that, got yourself a lot here. You slid yourself away from the bar and found some old friends to catch up with. You walked over to a small group of girls who used to be in your philosophy class. You approached them with a smile and a small wave, only to be greeted by them even more so. You walked in on them and their pointless chatter about where they'd like their life to be in 2 years and all that crap. There was 3 girls all gathered around you; Louise, Sophie and Lily. You were close with all three throughout college but none of them knew about you and Dan's arrangements apart from Louise, who was also Dan's friend. As they all asked how you were and once you all knew that one another was okay, Louise pulled you slightly to the side, while Sophie and Lily talked about who they thought had 'bloomed' since college.

"You seen him?" Louise quizzed. You shook your head as you frowned, confused.

"Urh.. Who?"

Louise cleared her throat and fake coughed as her eyes gestured towards Dan talking to a group of people. You mouthed "Oh" as you realized who she meant and proceeded to shake your head at Louise.

"Nothing to say to him I suppose" You confirmed.

"Nothing to say? Uh have you seen him y/n?"

"Yeah and have you seen me? I'm a literal potato, he had had a glow up, I however have not"

Louise chuckled whilst slightly nudging your arm.

"You chat utter bullshit, he would beg to be your fuck buddy again" Louise smirked as you both stared on at Dan. You scoff lightly at Louise's remark.

"Oh please" You say sarcastically.

Dan's attention caught your way again and he began walking over towards you and Louise. You straightened your posture as Louise giggled lightly.

"You know you can say hi Louise?" Dan laughed. His eyes met yours and there was a sudden realization that you were stood before him. He coughed lightly on a sip of his drink. You smiled softly.

"Uh oh.. y/n... I didn't realize it was you.." Dan began.

"Yeah ISN'T SHE JUST STUNNING NOW?" Louise exclaimed, doing side jazz hands to you. You brushed her hands away feeling embarrassed.

"Rude, I know I was a literal potato 4 years ago but still harsh.." You laughed off Louise's compliment.

"No, you were.. uh.. stunning back then and are just as much now" Dan sheepishly speaks up.

You blush. "Thank you"

*~*

Louise and Dan filled the emptiness with chatter and laughter as you stood between them, Sophie and Lily. You decided you had lasted long enough and needed an alcoholic drink. You slowly walked off to the bar where you proceeded to get your favourite alcoholic beverage, taking small sips once you had been given the drink. You slowly wandered back to the small group of people you were once with and drunk your drink silently, whilst observing the mystery that is human beings.

It got to 12PM and you decided this was a reasonable time to leave. By this point Dan had been pulled away to talk to other people so you only had to say an awkward farewell to Louise, Sophie and Lily. You told them that they must keep in touch after exchanging numbers and you headed to the door.

Waiting in the cold air at 12PM on a Thursday night after a college reunion really sparked some thoughts in your mind. Your mind began racing around all those times you shared with Dan and all those times you wished you told him you wanted more instead of just being friends. Maybe, then he would still be in your life. But it was done with now.

You felt a small tap on your shoulder as a tall shadow joined you in the September air.

"I left without saying goodbye last time, i'm not letting you go without a goodbye"

You looked at Dan as he lustfully looked down at you.

"What do you mean?" You frowned.

"You know what I mean, come with me" Dan grabbed your hand as you headed into a taxi.

Dan sat slightly away from you but his arms were long enough to reach your thigh and he began to run his hand gently along it. His fingers began tracing stories on your legs as the soft sensation made a fiery one build in between your legs. Dan maintained straight eye contact, not breaking to look at you once and so you tried to do the same.

The pleasure kept building and so you placed your hand on top of Dan's to stop his movements. Instead he simply moved your hand away and lowered his movements closer to your crotch. The taxi journey seemed to last a lifetime and once you arrived to the unknown destination, Dan grabbed your hand once again and led you into a tall building.

After entering through what could only be Dan's house door, you were pushed against the hard wall that was in his hallway.

"I think we need to make up for lost time" Dan breathed out as he attached his lips onto yours.