ı 12 ı Thank You

Start from the beginning

"What Niklaus?" Joel asks, pushing Klaus further to the edge of explosion.

Before I can step in front of Joel, Klaus grabs a near by lamp stand, stabbing Joel in the stomach before pulling him into the space, his fangs bared and ready to bite Joel in the neck.

"NO!" I yell, when suddenly Klaus freezes, his fangs inches away from Joel's neck. It's as if somebody pressed the pause button, but only on Klaus.

As Klaus stays frozen, Joel scrambles out from his grasp and outside his confinement as we both watch in awe at the scene unfolding in front of us. Once Joel steps foot outside the living room, Klaus unfreezes and instead begins to crumple to the ground in pain. His head is clutched in his hands as if from some pain infliction spell, but there's no witch here.

And then I realize I'm holding a witch in my arms.

"Oh my god," I gasp, nudging Joel in the arm.

Joel pulls out the lamp stand from his stomach before turning to me, shocked just as much as I am. "It's Theo. He's doing this to Klaus," I whisper, watching as Theo just stares at Klaus who is now crying on the ground in pain. Theo is causing all of that harm to Klaus with nothing but a thought in his mind. No spells, no movement, only thought. He wanted to protect Joel, he wanted to protect the ones he loves.

It's beautiful really, but before I have time to think of what to say Klaus begins to cough up blood.

"Blair?" Joel questions, watching as Klaus pukes the red liquid all over Elena's carpet.

I scrunch my brows in confusion as I look down at Theo only to see he's still staring directly at Klaus. Theo's not stopping. Instead he just keeps causing Klaus pain, pushing as far as his little magic abilities will go, and so far, that seems like infinity.

"M-make it s-stop," Klaus yells in between coughs of blood.

Sighing, I turn Theo away from Klaus and pick him up high, bringing him to my eye level. "That's enough Theodore," I say, looking him sternly in his baby blue eyes.

He stares back at me and grips on a few strands on my hair as suddenly Klaus stops yelling. I slowly turn around to see Klaus struggling to get up, the spell no longer affecting him as Theo has stopped.

"I don't think he likes you very much," I grin as Klaus wipes the blood from his mouth.

Klaus only scowls as I head to the kitchen to fix Theo and I some lunch.

∆ ∆ ∆

The sun has just started to set, and I begin to get a little edgy and worried that all hell has broken loose on the island. I left Stefan several messages, all of which he has failed to return a call to.

So many things could have gone wrong. Rebekah could have taken the cure and stolen it from everybody else. Professor Shane could have lied about the whole thing just to awaken Silas, or worse, use the cure on Silas, letting it go to waste. As legend goes, that was the only reason the cure was made in the first place. 

Joel sits across from me on the kitchen stool playing god knows what on his phone while Theo and I read a picture book together. The only children's book I could find in Elena's house was 'Green Eggs and Ham', which I hear is a classic.

"You've never read that book before?" Klaus asks from where he's seated inside his confined quarters.

"I've never really read it personally, but I've heard ravishing things about it," Klaus continues when I don't respond. I know all too well he's just bored, as the rest of us are.