Chapter Forty-Six

Start from the beginning

"It almost looks like an older version of Barty. His hairs lighter though, and Barty can't risk being in public," I said, and then Alex looked over at us. I looked at Draco and started talking to him, so it looked like we were having a conversation.

"Draco, he looked over...he had to of recognized us, so smile and act like we're in a very deep conversation," I said quickly.

"A deep conversation? Like talking about feelings because that's weird," he said, making a face. I laughed and hit his arm.

"No stupid, like really engaged in conversation."

"Oh, so I'll act like Pansy. You have long conversations with her," he smiled.

"Pansy is my best friend, it's what best friends do, Draco," I smiled, and then felt someone's presence.

"Hey guys," someone said and I looked up to see Alex smiling at me. Draco stood up slowly and nodded to Alex with a small smile before sitting down in his chair.

"Draco, why were you on the floor?" he laughed.

"Well I was helping Leah find her earring," he said smoothly and I smiled.

"Yeah, and he did a good job," I winked, pulling back my hair so he could see my diamond studs.

"I see. So what are you guys doing here?" he asked casually.

"Eating, of course. I'm going to assume you're here to do the same," I smiled.

"Your assumption would be correct," he laughed and I nodded.

"Good, so...those can't be your parents," I frowned.

"Oh, well no, they're um, distant family members that my family wants to get close to," he said, smiling lightly.

"Huh," I shrugged.

"So where are your parents?" he asked us.

"His mother is...well I don't know where she is, and my parents are home." 

"Oh, well don't let anybody catch you two alone, it might blow your cover," Alex winked at me.

"I don't have a choice, I'm spending part of the holidays at his house," I frowned.

"Ah, well, I'll see you at the ball, Leah," he smiled and then walked off. Our waitress came back with our food, and I just stared at it.

"Did he seem nervous to you?" I asked.

"A bit," Draco nodded.

"I don't think they're distant family members," I said, taking a bite of salmon.

"No, I don't either, but they are definitely related," he decided.

"Yeah, they are," I said, looking at the woman. She had the same smile as Alex as well. We finished our lunch and then left quickly, apparating back to the house.

"Welcome back," Lucius said from the living room, as I raced upstairs.

"Oh, hey! Sorry, I've got to hide these presents, we all know Draco is impatient," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey, I'm not that impatient," he laughed, walking over to his dad.

"Yes, you are!" I called and ran into my room. I put my bags under the bed and then cast a charm around them so you couldn't see them.

"Leah, Draco?" I heard Narcissa yelling from downstairs. I walked down the stairs and saw her looking around.

"Are you okay?" I asked, walking over.