"Pero más tarde supe todo y sabía que nunca volver. Era difícil de aceptar ese hecho. Nadie en este mundo podría sustituir a ti, mamá. Ni siquiera María. Te extraño Ma." (But later I learned everything and I knew you would never come back. It was hard to accept that fact. Nobody in this world could replace you, Mama. Not even Mary. I miss you Ma.) My eyes slowly started tearing up.

Jess who standing, sat down beside me and rubbed my back trying to comfort me. I looked at her and gave her a sad smile and turned back to look at Mama.

"Ma, ella es Jess. La amo tanto, Mama. Ella es mi ángel. Ella era la razón por la que decidí venir a verte después de tan largo tiempo." (Ma, she is Jess. I love her so much, Mama. She is my angel. She is the reason why I decided to come and see you after such a long time.) I said and laced my hand with hers.

"Me gustaría que estuvieras aquí hoy con nosotros. Pero no se preocupe. Estoy seguro de que siempre están buscando para nosotros desde arriba." (I wish you were here with us today. But no worries. I'm sure you are always looking for us from above.) I looked at the sky. "Gracias mamá. te quiero." (Thank you, Mama. I love you.)

I looked at Jess, she had her eyes closed as if she was praying in her mind. When she opened her eyes she spoke.

"I promise to look after him." she whispered.

My heart fluttered with love and happiness. This beautiful woman...

Staying there for some more time, we made it back to the hotel suite.

I felt different now. I don't know what it was but I felt good. I'd always wanted to apologize to mama and I did, but today I felt as if my apologies had reached her.

I for once felt I could finally be happy and live my life with Jess.

By the thought of Jess, I remembered something. I needed to get the work done as soon as possible. I was impatiently waiting for it to be done.

"Dean, will you show me around?" she asked. We'd finished with our lunch in a fancy restaurant and were heading back to our suite. "I want to see where you grew up." I happily nodded my head and gave the address to the driver asking him to take us there. Funny how I never forgot the address.

"How old was your mom when she died?" Jess asked hesitantly.

"She was twenty eight." I heard her gasp. I know Mama died at very young age and she didn't deserve to be treated the way my father did. I despised him.

"She was very young." her words brought me back.

I nodded. "Ma and my father fell in love when they were still in college, and before Ma completed her studies she got pregnant and dropped all her studies for me."

"My father married Ma right after I was born. We were a happy family. But everything changed when one day my father came home drunk. Mama was shocked because he used never drink that much, but actually she had mistaken the drugs with alcohol. He'd gotten into a gang which sold drugs. Our lives changed since then. And he took Mama's life. He killed her and I killed him.