30

"Wakeup, wakeup!", my voice echoing through
the house.

"What?", Mason jumping up from our bed, holding the comforter over his lower area.

"Happy birthday babe", my body jumping onto his, his hands immediately holding onto my waist.

"You scared the shit out of me Blythe", Mason laying a kiss on my cheek and letting me down.

"I could tell", I laugh gripping his butt.

"Ha ha", his arms pulling me closer to him.

"Get dressed, I have a surprise for you", my eye winking before I turn around to do the same.

"A surprise", he mumbles, keeping a small smirk on his face.

Mason is basically scared of everything, especially heights which is why we are going sky diving today. Hell I'm scared for him too, but he has to do this so he won't be afraid anymore.

I let out a small chuckle from the bruise that stands out on the side of his face, my dad just couldn't hold himself back when he found out about the baby.

I just slide on a pair of back jeans, a grey acid wash shirt and black knee high boots throwing my hair in some kind of bun that turned out looking like a mini squirrel decided to take a long ass nap on my head.

*

"Hell no, I'm not going. Blythe you know I'm scared of heights. What kind of shit is this?", I let out a small chuckle at his facial expression, holding his hand before speaking.

"I know, that's why we are here. You need to get over your fear, come on it'll be fun", his eyes grow even wider as I begin to drag him inside.

"Wait, you can't come love, you're pregnant", his face falling at his own statement.

I just nod, " there will be an instructor with you, you'll be fine", I say handing him over to the male instructor who I've planned all of this with weeks ago.

"If I don't come back, tell my story to the world", he yells dramatically exiting, his arms spread out as far as they can go.

Taking a place on one of the cushioned chairs I lie my head back deciding to rest my eyes before he comes back.

*

"Hello", I hear a deep voice greet me.

Opening my eyes, a tall being stands in front of me, my head rising to meet their eyes. Anthony's lips turned up into a smirk.

Without thought I stand to my feet, immediately backing up into the next walk behind me. Anthony stepping forward every time I step back.

"I've missed you Blythe", his hands reaching for mine.

"There's still a chance, for you and me. Just leave him, I can make you feel better than he does".

I gasp at his words, flinching at the sharp stench on alcohol lacing his breath his eyes red and his hair unruly.

"You've been drinking, again", I shrug, less than a foot of space between us.

"Not that much", he slurs, losing balance for a quick second.

"How did you find me?", I question, momentarily placing my hand on my lower stomach.

"I've been following you", he chuckles, moving a blonde curl from in front of my face.

"I haven't even been much of anywhere lately", my eyebrows furrowed.

"You don't have to go places to be followed love", his arm wrapping around me.

"You've been watching me, at my home?", my head barely tilting, moving his arm away.

"Yes Blythe, I know everything. I know you're engaged and that, that son of a bitch knocked you up. That baby is supposed to me mine", beads of sweat resting on his forehead.

Before I can speak his hand wraps around my wrist, squeezing it and moving closer to my ear.

"Make a sound and it", he says placing his hand on my stomach, "is dead".

A warm tear falls down my face once he's finished talking pulling me toward the doorway.

I can't make a sound, I won't. It's my job to keep the baby safe and if this is what it takes then-

*

"Goodmorning babe", hot breath hitting my face, my head pounding in one area.

I look around, a familiar scene surrounding me. It's Anthony's room, the dark grey walls, white bed in the corner, pictures cover the walls.

"What?", I whisper looking around, photos of me and Mason plastered onto the walls. Most of them taken inside of my home, in our bedroom...

"Why?", I ask, Anthony standing in front of me

I try to reach at him, wanting to strangle him to death but my hands are tied behind me.

"I love you, I always have. I deserve you, not that asshole who fucking kid napped you!", a glass beer bottle shattering against the wall.

I jumped at the loud noise, Anthony's eyes burning into mine.

"You're not better than him, you're doing the same thing", I say looking at the gun in his other hand.

"Don't say that Blythe", his hand pulling at his hair while the other taps my head with the cold metal gun.

Tears cover his face, his eyes bloodshot.

I've never seen him like this, I never wanted to. I've known him for so long yet I still don't know the person standing in front of me.

"I'll stay, I'll stay with you. Just please don't hurt me", I say staring at him peering over me.

His hands move away from me, A bit of relief flowing through me.

"Anthony I love you, I've loved you this whole time. Untie me, I'll show you how much I love you", I lie, trying to seem genuine.

He moves behind me, hesitantly untying the rope.

I stand up wrapping my arms around him, him holding me even tighter, his sobs sounding the room.

"I love you Anthony".