24

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SEXUAL CONTENT, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I back away from the door, Anthony calling my name from the other side.

My blood runs cold as my back hits something, or someone. Mason stands before me as I turn to face him, his eyes steady on the door, and his jaw clenched never looking down at me.

"What did he want?", his arm calmly moving me out of the way and the other reaching for the door knob.

"Mason, it's okay", my small hand wrapping around his wrist and giving it a small tug. "Just back away from the door", my eyes pouring into his.

"He doesn't deserve to see you, he fucking disappeared after his own sister shoots you, he shouldn't be here", his eyes hovering over me now.

"I know, he will leave soon enough, I promise", his tall frame standing over my small one.

His brown hair nods as he moves away from the door, his body calming and his eyes growing brighter.

"I'm leaving soon", his hand running through his hair, making his way back to the living room.

I just nod and slowly trail behind him, cautious not to piss him off even more than Anthony already has.

*

Mason left less than 15 minutes after Anthony arrived, luckily Anthony left before Mason did otherwise shit would've went down.

Mum and dad have been on some date that they started doing not too long ago, every Saturday and Wednesday they go on extravagant dated to keep their love life fresh I guess, it's adorable though.

I'm leaving soon, back to Mason's house of course. I'm not scared nor excited but almost worried, I'm worried for Mason. With Anthony being back around, I don't know how he would react to much of anything anymore.

Everything lately has been much of a blur, me being shot, and being back home. My emotions have been paused for the last day or so, I don't know how to feel about anything around me, the people and my surroundings have just become so foreign.

I pack more things for Mason's even though I already have clothes there. Plenty of shirts, shoes and pants are stuffed into my suitcase along with a small picture of me and Liz tucked in between a few of the folded items.

"Blythe, you sure you don't need to stay any longer?", mum appearing in the doorway.

"Don't worry, I'll be back soon. I love you, where dad?", my eyebrows furrowed.

"Oh he went to pick some food up for the week", her arms crossed.

"Tell him that I love him and that I will be back for spring break, please", I say flashing a genuine smile to my mum.

"I will", she nods, my doorway now empty.

Mason doesn't know that I'm leaving so early, I bet he isn't doing shit since Im not there but I will be soon.

On the way out I hug my mum and make my way to my car, placing my belongings into the back seat.

The car ride is boring and long as I only stop occasionally to get food, gas or something to drink.