5

Anthony

Still surrounded by the beautiful landscape I take a glimpse of the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Blythe, her green eyes snapped shut.

I've tried to tell her but I can't, what if it ruins what we have now? I can't take that chance. I've loved Blythe for so long, and I know she at least likes me but love is what I'm not so sure about. The day I showed up at her house, I didn't have those earrings, it was a ring. Shitty proposal but I thought I was ready. I get we are only juniors in college but I've never been so sure about something in my life.

"Hey", a small chuckle rises from her throat catching my attention.

"Slept good?", I ask, voice still raspy.

"Good for sleeping in grass", her blonde hair hitting her back as she sits up.

"What do you want to do today?", my arms wrapping around her small frame.

A smile takes over her face but then falls as she stares at the grass, her hand pulling little pieces from the dirt.

"Can you just take me home?", her voice soft and her brows furrowing.

"Y-yeah I can do that", my words coming out as more of a question.

"I kissed Mason", her eyes lock with mine tears welding up in the brim.

Blythe

"I kissed Mason", the words falling out of my mouth before I can stop them, bring tears to my eyes.

Anthony's eyes are dark, his mouth barely open.

"I'm sorry I wasn't thinking and it just kind of happened, we went to the movies and when he took me home he kissed me", his arms slowly unravel from my body as he stares my lips with his jaw snapped shut.

"You know that I love you right? Like a hell of a fucking lot", the words he spits out stops my heart, a heavy feeling in my chest.

"Or at least I love Blythe", my brows furrowing at his statement.

"I'm still her", I nervously chuckle running my hand through my hair.

"No, Blythe would never kiss someone she doesn't even know", with that he stands from the blanket taking his basket with him.

"Where are you going", I call after him.

"Away from you".

Anthony

She kissed Mason. She kissed someone who she doesn't even know. I though we had something but it turns out I was wrong, I was wrong about her. I understand she has a lot of shit going on right now but she needs to choose.

I start my cars engine pulling off much quicker than I arrived, Blythe's face falling as I watch her through my rear view mirror. Tears freezing to her face.

I love her, but right now she isn't the girl I love.

Blythe

I love him too.

I don't know what I was thinking going on a date with Mason, he's cool but he was my sisters friend and sometimes it just feels wrong.

"Mason?", I call after the other side of the line picks up.

"Hey love", the last words repeating in my head.

"Um, I need a ride. I'll tell you about it when you get here, I'll text you where I am", all he says is 'okay' before hanging up.

I run my hand through my hair as I send the text to Mason, warm tears leave my eyes.

My fingers pick at blades of icy grass until Mason's lights pull up in front of me, causing my vision to get blurry for a second.

"So, why are you here?", a smile on his face as we drive back to the main roads.

"Anthony and I stayed out here last night, a date I guess", his jaw clenching at my words. "I told him that we kissed and he left me here", I gulp.

"Fuck him Blythe, I'll kill him if I have to", my eyes widening at his words.

"No, no don't kill him", wiping away my tears.

All he does is huff before swerving off of the road.

"What are you doing?", I ask as he un buckles his seat belt.

My eyes snap shut as his hands come in contact with my neck, pushing me into the leather seat.

I try to scream, talk, but nothing comes out. All that surrounds me is black..