16

"New York? New Years is in two days", my head tilted as my eyes pour into Mason's.

"Exactly we can see the ball drop there, come on love it will be fun. Plus I already bought our plane tickets and booked a room", I chuckle at how his face lights up through the conversation, resembling a little kid begging their mum go take them to some kind of theme park.

"Fine, when do we have to leave?", I ask standing from the bed.

"In like an hour".

I groan while walking to the closet to begin packing for the trip, I don't even know how long we will be there.

"How long will we be there, I need to know how much to pack", I say trying to pull out jeans from the top of my closet, my arm reaching as far as it can.

"A week", his legs striding over, retrieving the jeans for me, pulling out a couple more pairs including the pair I specifically reached for.

"Thanks", I mumble setting them on the bed.

"No problem love", his lips kissing the top of my head.

"I need to call my mum, she needs to know I'm leaving the state", my arms crossing in front of me.

"Alright, my phone is in the top drawer of the night stand", making his way through the door frame.

After a couple of rings I hear the other like pick up. "Mum, it's Blythe", a huge smile covering my face.

"Hey sweetie, how's it going?", her sleepy voice answering.

"Great, is dad home?", I can hear the padding of her feet through the phone while she walks.

"Oh no, he had to go to the office today. I think he had a meeting about the new book that coming out", i nod knowing she can't see me.

"Alright well you know how it's almost New Years?", my hand running through my hair.

"Yeah I'm not that old, I can remember the date", i can hear a smile through her words.

"Well me and Mason are leaving for New York in like an hour, he really wants to see the ball drop and what not. We will be there for a week", I say slowly, trying to sound excited.

"Alright sweetie, I'll tell your father once he gets home. Be safe, stay close to Mason when you're in time square and make sure you get me a souvenir", a small chuckle sounding from the line.

"I will mum, I love you so much", a tear falling down my cheek.

"We love you more, make sure you call me when you guys make it. And please visit when you get back", the last part making more tears fall.

"I will", with that I hang up, quickly regathering myself before Mason walks in.

The clothes I pick out don't have much thought going into them, as long as they will keep me warm then I'm settled.

"30 minutes Blythe", Mason calling from the kitchen.

"Okay", I yell back pulling off his shirt and placing my clothes on. A pair of black leggings, a white cami with a pink hoodie and white converse carelessly tossing my hair into a bun at the top of my head.

"Ready", I say rolling my suitcase to the door.

"We can stop for food on the way if you're hungry", he says taking my suitcase from my hand.

I nod, walking out behind him.

*

Heyyyy guys !! So I know this chapter is super short but it's just filled Bc they next chapter will be twice as long as a normal chapter and it's gonna be crazy. Stay tuned for that chapter !! Love you all thanks for reading please vote!!