17

The plane ride isn't too bad, being that I managed to get the window seat which Mason wanted so badly.

"Ma'am, would you like something to drink?", a middle aged flight attendant asks, flipping her jet black hair over shoulder.

"Oh, a water would be fine. Two waters", both me and her shining fake smiles.

Handing her a tip, I grab the water from the little cart placing one in my bag and opening the other. The cold liquid calms my throat, that's been itching for some time now. Mason stirring in his sleep.

My body tenses as he moves his hand into mine, cold from the drink I was holding.

"Why are you so cold?", his eyes still closed once he begins to talk.

Pulling my hand away I grab my bottled water again, twisting the cap.

"I have a water bottle in my hand", I simply mention, his eyes opening but only barely.

"Can I have some?", he says sitting up, resting his warm hand on my thigh.

"I know you would want some, so I got two", once I hand him the bottle he immediately chugs down half of it, my eyes growing wider with every gulp.

"I'm happy I didn't give you mine", I laugh, taking a small sip from it.

"Yeah, it would've been gone", his laugh following. "How long have I been asleep?", he says leaning over to look through the small window.

"Like 45 minutes", my eyes stuck on the clouds we pass by.

"Damn felt like forever, which is good i suppose. Why aren't you sleeping love?", his hand falling into mine once again.

I shrug, scrunching my nose. "Not sleepy", I lie. Just so much shit on my mind, Anthony, Mason, even Liz.

"Alright, the flight should be over soon anyway. And as soon as we land we need to go to the mall", his eyes pouring into mine.

"Why?", I ask fixing his messy bed hair.

His body tenses and his jaw clenched, making me immediately stop my action.

"Did I do something?", his eyes on the floor.

"No, for a second it felt normal. We felt normal", I nod pulling away from him and crossing my arms.

"Why are we going to the mall?", his face calmed.

"Oh, you need to buy a dress and I need a new tie", a smile on his face.

"For?", my face scrunched.

"A date, a fancy date", I laugh at his plan.

"Us? A date? Not only a date but a fancy date. Where did that come from?", I feel bad from my words once his face begins to fall, him teeth biting at his lip.

"I wanted to do something nice, I know you aren't happy. I just want to make you happy", leave me be and I'll be happy.

"I don't like fancy things Mason, I'd rather watch scary movies and eat shit all night", I try to cheer him up by smiling and it seems to be working, thankfully.

"Thank goodness, I wasn't looking forward to a fancy evening neither", he chuckles, his face reddening.

I place my hand in his giving it a light squeeze then lying my head on his shoulder.

Mason

Im so happy that she didn't want to go to some fancy place because honestly I was dreading it.