2

I groan at the painful sound of my alarm clock, the default alarm horrible to listen to.

Events from last night replay in my head causing me to grow light headed and my puffy eyes to soak. The burn at the back of my throat aches as I try to stop the tears threatening the flow over board.

The steam from the shower quickly fogs up the bathroom, a deep inhale before my sobs drown out the water beating against my back hot enough the leave red spots.

First party, it was her first college party and some asshole decides to spike her shit. If only I could rewind time and be with her.

After rinsing the suds from my body I step from the shower wrapping the heavy towel around me letting my hair blonde drip over my shoulders. My body tenses as I drag my feet across Liz's bedroom door adjacent to mine.

The wooden door feels seamless underneath the pads of my fingers. I freeze and my breathing hitches as a loud thud sounds from the other side of the door. Still grazing along the door I reach for the knob, the coldness sending a shiver up my spine.

I wince at the cold breeze falling through the window, curtains moving in sync.

"Mum?", I call into the room before actually stepping Inside, wet footprints following me.

"Dad?", my voice lets out cautiously making my way to the closet, one hand gripping my towel and the other in front of me ready to pull the door open.

Wet blonde strands hit my face as I whip around, the window now shut closed.

"Who's here?", I call out grabbing the lamp from the nightstand, a picture of me and Liz sitting on its edge face down. I take in the scenery mostly searching to see if mom and dad are home.

Stepping behind the curtain as a head of blonde hair comes into view turning their head making it easy to catch a glimpse of their face.

Anthony?

*

The sweet scent of brewed coffee fills my senses, my nerves calming. I texted Anthony to meet me at the coffee shop and he willingly agreed which is surprising because he completely despises coffee.

"Ma'am?", A deep voice calls, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I'm so sorry", I lift my head to come in contact with a piercing Hazel pair. It's the boy from the hospital, Liz's friend.

A faint smile is planted on my face before speaking up once again.

"Um, one dark coffee nothing added and a hot chocolate both tall", I hand my money to the boy already knowing the total from making this order plenty of times before.

"Here's your change", his bright smile threatening my vision.

"Thanks", my eyes crossing his chest down to his name tag. "Mason", a smile tugging at my cheeks.

"Blythe", my head snaps up, Mason waving me over for the two drinks. "Hey Blythe I was wondering if you wanted to catch a movie with me tonight just to you know take your mind off of things", I swallow at his last words but slowly nod my head.

"Yeah", I reply warming my hands with the two cups only lifting them once to move a strand from in front of my face.

Reaching for a napkin Mason hands me a pen knowing I was writing my number down. I slide the napkin toward him, him quickly planting it low into his pocket.

Nodding as a gesture of saying 'thank you' before retrieving my seat, Anthony's eyes following me until I take the seat in front of him instantly taking a swig of his hot chocolate.

"What was that about?", his head tilting in Mason's direction.

"Nothing he was at the hospital yesterday", my eyes locked on his blue ones.

"Oh, sorry I wasn't there love", Anthony's English accent thickest I've heard in a while.

"It's fine, the funeral is tomorrow. Mum and Dad wanted to have it as soon as possible. It's only us and you if you want to come Liz wouldn't like a lot of people who barely know her to show up only because they feel bad", my face dropping at the words my mouth lets out.

"Yeah, yeah I'll be there", his hand resting over mine the of of his thumb grazing over my hand.

I nod before taking a swig of my coffee as well.

"Why were you at my house earlier?", my eyebrows furrowing at my own question.

"Oh to give you this", he says before pulling a small black velvet box from his pocket.

"They're beautiful Anthony", my eyes taking in the diamond earrings.

"I've been saving up for a while for a gift for you and since you can only wear real silver I bought you the best pair I could find", his words make my shoulders rest and a big smile resting on my face.

Flash backs of the last time I wore earrings bring an even wider smile to my face. They were a pair I got from a boutique a while back that I decided to finally wear, the fake silver breaking my ears out and Anthony having to disinfect them for me.

Anthony and I leave hand in hand, Mason's eyes burning a hole in the back of my head.

The sleek phone vibrates in my hand, quickly opening it to find a message from an unknown number, locking the contact in already knowing who it is.

Mason: be ready at 8 :)

*

Anthony is adorbs I ship it ! But sorry guys for not updating I've been busy and I have strep 😩 thanks for reading I'm excited to see what happens in this story myself because I'm just going with the flow so I hope you guys like it 😂 please comment and vote I might do a double update tmr !
All the love -H.S