21

Pictures of Anthony flip through my head, his attitude, attire, everything. It's all just so foreign to me.

Looking around I take small sips of my coffee, waiting for Mason to wake up.

Sliding a napkin over I place my hot cup on top of it, moving into the small kitchen in the suite. Since I'm just sitting here I may as well do something. I take out a couple of things we picked up at the market, eggs, bread, cinnamon and milk everything I need to make breakfast.

"French toast, hell yeah", I murmur to myself.

Dad taught me how to cook, he's gotten a lot better at it since grandma Anne is practically made him.

The thought brings tears to my eyes. Fuck, I miss them all so much I need to see them as soon as we leave New York.

Simply flipping the French toast is what I do for about 15 minutes before I finish, making eggs to go with it.

"Smells great in here", Mason walking in slipping on a white t-shirt.

"Why thank you, my dad taught me", I chuckle bowing.

"Damn you made a lot", his eyes wide.

"Yeah I got a little carried away you could say", I shrug.

"Hm, maybe your little friend you met can have breakfast with us", Kathy, I could use her company right now.

"More like brunch, it's 11", I laugh combing my hair with my fingers. "I just need to get dressed quickly, don't eat while I'm gone", I say pulling Mason's shirt off of my body as I walk to the bedroom.

I just slip on a pair of black jeans with black high knee boots and a long greenish-blue jumper heading right back out to the sitting area.

"You look adorable", Mason says grinning.

"Thanks", I squeak reaching for the doorknob.

Within two knocks I can here someone on the other side of the door walking closer.

"Hey Kath-

"Blythe, holy fuck where have you been? Why are you in New York?", Amanda, Anthony's sister  standing in front of me.

"Amanda", I say wrapping my arms around her."I've missed you", I say quietly sobbing.

"How come every time I see you, you're crying?", Kathy appearing from behind Amanda.

"Kathy how do you know Amanda?", I say letting go of Amanda.

"She's my girlfriend", she says chuckling. "How do you know Amanda?", her face scrunched.

"We have been friends for a while", I nod.

"She's the one I told you about, you know the one with the sister", Amanda says low, though I can still hear her.

"Oh", her facial expression dropping. "Sorry for your lost".

I look down and nod before speaking up again.

"I-I'm with my boyfriend, Mason", I say playing with the sleeves of my jumper.

"Blythe we know, Anthony told us everything", her ams crossed.

"Which now I can see why we are in New York, to get you", her eyebrows lifting.

"Anthony talked to me last night, Mason doesn't know though. I told him that I love Mason, I'm staying here Amanda", I huff.

"What? You're insane, you can't stay here with him after everything he's done to you. We can go now if you'd like", her eyes searching me for an expression.

"No, I'm won't leave him. I-I love him", my hair falling in front of my face.

"Blythe Ive known you for most of our lives, and I know when you're fucking lying", her hands on her hips.

"I'll visit you when we get back home, okay? I love you so much Amanda", hugging her once again before heading back to my room.

"Sorry, I ate", Mason's mouth full of French toast.

I barely stifle a laugh taking a place at the table," it's fine, I knew you wouldn't be able to hold off for long", his eyes on mine. "Can we pick up some cold medicine later on? I think I'm coming down with something", I say trying to cover up the fact that my eyes are watery.

"Of course love", his hand holding mine from across the table.

"I made reservations at a really nice restaurant, we are going tonight. I know it's not your thing but a friend wanted to meet up and they chose the place", his mouth still full of French toast.

"Okay, what time are we leaving", I say biting a piece.

"Around 8, we have time to get your medicine and a dress if you would like", a smirk on his face.

"I'll look around I guess", my face finally lifting.

"This is so good, where's your friend by the way?", he says lifting his brows.

"Oh, she wasn't feeling well", I lie wiping my mouth with a napkin.

"Aw, sorry love but I'm going to shower", he says planting a kiss on the top of my head.

*

"Holy shit", I gasp walking into the restaurant, a large chandelier hung in the center of the ceiling, dimly lighting up the room.

"I know right", Mason chuckles, snaking his arm around my waist.

"But you, fuck, you look even better", him pulling me closer.

I went shopping earlier with Mason, I didn't let him see the dress until I get ready. I decided on a black dress it's simple but elegant enough for this venue. Long sleeves with silver embellishments on the shoulder and it stops mid thigh and paired with a pair of plain black scrappy heels.

"Thanks, you look handsome", he does, his suit is doing him much justice.

"Mason stop", I huff as on of Mason's large hands gets a tight grip on my ass.

"No one can see", a smirk playing on his face.

I just shake my head and sit at the table that we are lead to, two empty chairs in front of us.

"So who's your friend?", I say tugging a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Oh, there he is", I follow his eyes to the door, my eyes widening.

Anthony.

*
Cliffhanger af. Thanks for reading !