13

Sitting here is all I've been doing for the last two days, I've been too scared to even talk to Mason after all of this. I don't know what he's going to do, being that I knew Anthony would try something.

Mason's alive, and I'm actually happy for some reason. I cried the whole day from riding in the ambulance to laying with him on the hospital bed. The bullet missed his heart by an inch. Major damage done but that's better than death.

"Mrs. Malik, are you ready?", Leanna, the nurse asks me. She's been comforting me this whole time, and I truly thank her for that. Seeing someone get shot for no reason because of me and right in front of me is absolutely horrible, unless he really did kill Liz.

I nod before standing, following Leanna down the long white hallways my hands shaking more he closer I get.

"It's okay", her arms wrapping around me before sending me off on my own.

My shoes make no noise as I walk closer to his bed, not yet able to see his face behind the curtain.

"Blythe?", he calls out, not yet passing the blue curtain around half of his bed.

Tears weld up in my eyes, I could escape. He wouldn't be able to catch me.

I let out a small scream as the curtain pulls open, a smile on his face but not there for long.

"What's wrong love?", his eyebrows furrowing.

"Just scared, for you", I lie.

"I'm fine", my distance still far.

I nod.

"Come here Blythe", I stop at the foot of the hospital bed, holding on to the railing.

"Blythe", Mason calls out. My chest heaving, and my palms sweating.

I can hear Mason groan as he stands from the bed, the beeping noise from months ago ringing in my ears again.

Hot tears cover beneath my eyes as they shut time and time again Mason screaming my name in the back of my head.

*

"Sir go back to bed, we have her", I open my eyes to a bright light in my face.

My nose scrunching at the sudden awakening.

"Thank fucking God", Mason says running his hands through his head.

I flinch once he holds my hand, him releasing it after noticing.

"She's fine, just a panic attack", my eyes search over the nurse. An old pale woman with a huge wad of gum chewing between her replacement teeth.

"Go home, like our home. You need to sleep in an actual bed and eat something", the nurses heels squeaking while walking out, my head throbbing already and that only making it worst.

"Did you kill my sister?", I'm sure my question triggered something. His teeth gritting and his eyes dark.

"What the fuck Blythe?", his tone startling me. "You actually think that I would kill your sister, you sister was my friend, I was there when she was in the hospital giving her damn flowers. If I killed her do you think that I would even step foot around her again? Hell no", his arms throwing up as he pushes his way out the door. My emotion stuck.

"Fuck", I breathe out.

What did he expect me to think? He kidnaped me for fucks sake.