25

My eyes flutter open as I feel the bed grow lighter, Mason moving to the night stand beside me taking something in his hand and moving toward the door. I wait until I hear the front door close to get out of bed, my hands stretch in front of me to bring in the morning sun a small smile trailing on my lips.

I'm in love with him, I'm in love with the man who kidnapped me, abused me. My parents always taught me that everything happens for a reason whether it's to teach you a lesson or if it's truly your path and all you have to do is pave it so that it perfectly molds. If Mason is a lesson or if he's my future I have to cooperate now, I can't throw my life away in pity of myself. I can't help who I love, no one can and I'm tired of trying to stop it. No, I'm not vulnerable, just aware.

All I can really do is stare, at my reflection. This is Blythe, the real Blythe. The one who loves her life, not tip toe around friends and family afraid that I will break them. Liz is gone and she lives in me, Liz was always the happy, positive one in the household and I've learnt from her that I need to find that happiness inside of me and I'm finally letting it show.

Blonde hair laced over my shoulder, my body close to being bare, my green eyes piercing into themselves. I need to let go of the old Blythe, she's too much weight for me to carry, I want to enjoy the short life I was given and I don't want to hesitate at all.

A shaky hand reaches for the drawer finding exactly what I needed on the inside of it. Bringing to object closer to my head I begin to get rid of her, the girl who could never be herself in spite of others, the girl who cared too much about everyone but herself, the girl who loved too hard for the wrong people.

Hot tears trickle down my face as the strands fall to the floor, change is needed in everyone and this is mine.

I simply throw on one of Mason's long sleeve jumpers, my jeans and converse. My feet getting closer to the door as my mind over thinks. It's a new feeling that I never thought I could feel, the happiness, the change.

The breeze hits me once I open the door, sunlight still shining. My shivering hands clench on to the sleeves covering them in hopes of warmth.

"Goodmorning", Mason's eyes in his hands the small wooden swing slowly rocking, never looking up once I speak.

The swing creaks as I sit down next to him, my hand resting on his leg.

His hair blows from his face as it lifts, finally landing on me.

"Your hair", he gasps furrowing his eyebrows.

"My hair", i nod running my hair through the short mess.

"It looks beautiful", a small smile playing on his face.

I just nod leaning over to place my head onto his shoulder, cold air filling my lungs.

Shivering hands reach towards his in which hold something. What? I don't know.

His hand willingly opens as I unravel his fingers, a familiar object resting on his palm.

Our eyes meet but our mouths both hesitate to speak.

This ring, he took it off of me weeks ago once he noticed his wrong doing? But why does he all of a sudden have it now?

"Blythe", a deep voice pulling me from my thoughts.

I look up from the ring I know possess, Mason's body in front of me, only propped up on one knee.

I barely gasp, the cold air drying out my throat immediately.

"I know what you're thinking, and I don't blame you. Since the day I met you I knew I would want to be with you for the rest of my life not because of how beautiful you are or how you pout your lip when you didn't get your way but because you bring me joy. Since my mother I've been lost, I've been so scared to let anyone see the real me. But with you i can't really control that, you truly bring out the best in me. When you told me that you loved me I knew this was the right thing to do, you can go, I'm giving you a chance to leave me now if you really want to. You don't understand the deep love I have toward you, I don't know what it is, it's like everything that could be perfect or flawed mended together and created something so much more, you. You're all I could ever ask for, you make me smile and laugh, go fucking crazy sometimes but I wouldn't trade any of it because this is how I found myself, through you. And I would never want to be taken away from the one person who could turn my life around, I need you, I love you. Blythe would you please marry me?", pink lips stay parted in front of me, anxiously waiting for an answer.

I love Mason I truly do, he helped me find myself as well and I do believe that I do need him. He may simply be a lesson but he is also my future.

"Yes", I nod, Mason taking the ring from my hand and sliding it onto my finger where it belongs.

"Never leave me, please", Mason's hot skin pressing against mine, our heads resting together.

"Only if you never leave me", the wind carrying the sound of my faint voice.

"Never", a pair of lips colliding with mine.

This is different from any kiss I've shared with anyone, it's not hungry for attention but more savoring the affection. He makes me feel alive, for the first time ever and I'm truly thankful that I can feel this before it's too late.

"I love you", my lips cold again from the air outside as he pulls away to speak.

"I love you".

*

Thanks so much for reading this new chapter, it's a lot more thoughts instead of dialogue because I really wanted to show you guys how Blythe thinks and her battles she was fighting internally. I hope that you all enjoyed it as much as I did writing It!

Plot twist af Ik.

(COMMENT HOW YOU FEEL OR WHAT YOU THINK)