Ch 52

I didn’t want to leave Christian’s embrace. Tangled arms, I couldn’t bring myself to leave; Food seemed something of the past.

“What are you thinking?” I whisper, fingers trailing over his bare chest. I glance up at Christian, looking at his blank face. I could feel his heart beating, slow and steady. Something about the way he looked just then made me wish I was Edward Collin, able to hear what he was thinking. But I couldn’t, and Christian was quiet, expression a mystery to me.

Christian looks down at me, lips twitching up. He looks away, eyelashes fluttering down. His chest shook slightly, a silent laugh rumble underneath the warm skin.

“What?” I frown, leaning up on my elbow to look at him at him evenly, glaring slightly at his laughter. “There something funny you want to tell me?”

“No, no” he chuckles lightly before lazily rolling onto his side, pushing me off his chest so he’s leaning over me. His scent falls over me, warming my skin and making my heart melt. “I was just thinking….” He leans down, breath cool against face, eyes slightly mischiefs.

“…Thinking….?” I prompt, almost forgetting where I was. Christian was too close, but not close enough, his breath warm, but raising Goosebumps.

But Christian didn’t say anything, because then next second he was leaning down, pressing a tender kiss to my lips, sliding away just before I could kiss back. Frustrated I growl softly, trying to catch his lips again by turning my head but he easily avoids my lips. Heat flushes over my skin, like hot air from a heater. I curl my hand into Christian hair, trying to pull him closer but he only laughs and runs his hand up my chest, distracting me from pulling him closer. “Christian” I scowl, pulling at him as weakly. It was silly, how could his simple touch make me so wild and thrill seeking at the same time as nearly putting me to sleep.

“Yes?” his breath smooths over my face, lips brushing my ear. I wanted his lips, those teasing, warm lips that I could kiss all day.

“Kiss me” I pant softly, still feebly trying to pull him closer.

Christian chuckles, chest vibrating against mine. His hand reaches up to my neck, gently arching my throat so he could plant more soft kisses over my neck. “What do you say?”

“Kiss me” I growl, wrapping a leg around his waist, pulling him as close as I could. Against he chuckles, but this time I heard the faint undertone of his growl. I slide a hand down the back of Christian’s neck, trying to pull him up. Muscles ripple under my fingers, his skin cool against my hands. I squirm, trying to wriggle down so I could kiss him, but it was useless, his kisses made me too weak to fight against him.

“That’s not what I want to hear” he breaths against my skin, nose pressing against the underside of my jaw.

This wasn’t fair, it was completely the opposite. “Christian, please, kiss me”

“There it is” he laughs, moving away from my throat to assault my lips. His fingers smooth over my neck, stroking the Goosebumps white had migrated there. I shiver in pleasure, purring to show him how much I was enjoying his kiss. I pull him tight, trailing my hand from his back, over his shoulder and to his chest. Muscles shifted under his skin, a cool welcome to my warm skin. My hand slides down his stomach, softly grazing my nails over his stomach until my fingers hook in the waist band of his belt. His breath hitches but he says nothing, still kissing me passionately. I tug at his pants, my thumb absent rubbing the button on his pants.

“This isn’t fair” Christian suddenly whispers, his lips again slipping away from mine.

“It is too” I mumble, blinking up at Christian as he looks down at me.