Ch 41 White Lines

Thin white lines criss-cross my skin, haunting reminders that I had went through pain to be where I was. “Why didn’t he tell me?” I whisper to myself, running a fingertip over my scarred stomach. They’d all been a part of it, Christian, Bray, Tori, Ally, and Ash.  They’d all forced me into that snow that day; they’d all tasted my blood as I screamed.

I pull the towel around me as the door opens. “How long does it take you to get dressed?” Ash asks, smirking at seeing my wet, bare skin. “I’m hoping for a shower sometime today since you refused for us to shower together” he rolls his eyes, smiling slyly as he cocks his head at me, “My offers still open if you've changed your mind,by the way”

“You do have a shower in your own room, you know? So get out” I playful glare at him, keeping my body a good two steps away from me, just in case he thought pulling my towel away was a good idea. Not that he hadn’t seen me naked-in several different lights I might add- but if he did that he more than likely try to ‘coax’ me into the shower –probably using his lips against mine as a temptation and offering the lure of naked skin. Just thinking about it was enticing but I was firm on not going that far with Ash.

 I mean, in the shower!? Seriously!?

Ash mockingly gives me a dirty look before closing the door which I quickly lock. Moving as fast as a rabbit I hastily dress and pull my hair into a very sloppy bun. A second later I walk out of the bathroom to find Ash leaning against the wall causally. “And here I was hoping you’d changed your mind” Ash chuckles.

“Nope” I step aside to let him past but he catches my waist with an arm and pulls me close. “I love you”

“I know” I smile and lean up to kiss him, trying to distract him. I push him away with a smile, practically pushing him into the bathroom. “Take a shower, you smell” good, I wanted to add but didn’t dare.

Ash rolls his eyes and closes the door but doesn’t lock it. I walk out of my room shaking my head. If he hoped I was going sneak in he was going to be disappointed. “Ally, what are you going” I say eyeing a wolf trying to crawl out of the room. Yes, crawl.

“Um…..ugh…..testing out my sneakiness…..obviously I failed” and with that she tries to wriggle back into her room, out of my view but I walk towards her room, frowning at her.

“Testing your sneakiness?”

“….Long story?” She shrugs and tries to close the door only to be interrupted by my foot.

“I’ve got time” I cross my arms, daring her to try and get around telling me.

Ally’s shoulders sag and she leans against the wall, the door forgotten. “I want to go outside everyone says no! And I want to run….and I don’t like being stuck in bed!” she whines and dramatically falls onto her side, head on the floor with her hair falling over her face.

“How’s the leg?” I ask looking at her leg, as if I could see through fabric.

“Still a little bruised but Carson’s being mean and say ‘stay in bed’! She so mean!!!” Ally complains and rolls onto her stomach, reminding me of a four year old who hadn’t got what she wanted.

“Come on then” I motion down the hall despite the fact she couldn’t see the movement.

Ally sits up after a long few seconds, her eyes big as she stares up at me. “You’re taking me outside?”

“Not if you keep laying down there” I say but a second later am being tackled as she jumps up.

“Thank-you!!!” she squeals squeezing me too tightly.