“Shh… The pain will go away,” Dylan said as he cradled me. Not knowing what else to do, I let him hold me and nestled my head on his neck, wanting to be comforted by him.

Even my Wolf felt the pain, but her connection with Dylan now was greater than it had been before. All she wanted was to be held by Dylan and nothing else.

I woke up the next day with slight pain on my neck. When I tried to sit up, Dylan’s arm was securely wrapped around my waist.

For some reason, I was feeling emotional. The memories of last night came rushing back to me. I thought about Dylan holding me down and claiming me by force.

My Wolf wasn’t helpful. She was happy about being connected to Dylan in another way. If it were up to her, Dylan and me would have mated the first day we met.

Tears unconsciously started rolling down my cheeks and I felt lost. Dylan stirred in his sleep and his arm pressed me closer to his body.

“What time is it?” Dylan asked, as he sat up.

I didn’t turn to face him and tried not to move, wanting to pretend I was still asleep. Unfortunately, he moved closer to kiss my cheek and noticed I was crying.

“Princess, what’s wrong?” Dylan sat up and moved me around to sit me on his lap.

I couldn’t control the sob that escaped my lips. Dylan pressed me closer to him and tried to soothe me.

“Tell me what’s wrong. Did someone do something to you?”

I wrapped my arms around his neck, trying to find a way to calm myself down. I couldn’t explain what was happening to me. The first thing that came to my mind was the mark.

I didn’t know if Dylan claiming me had stirred my emotions, but I felt vulnerable. Being in Dylan’s arms seemed to help, but now I didn’t want him to let go of me.

“Baby, I need to know what’s wrong,” Dylan said gently, as he stroked my hair. I had my head resting on his chest, but after he said that, I looked up at him.

He was looking at me with a pained expression. I got on my knees and straddled him, trying to put myself at his same height.

Even while we were sitting down, he was bigger than me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and looked at me with a confused expression. I wasn’t crying anymore but my eyes were still blurry and I was sure they were red and puffy.

“Leila, please talk to me,” Dylan pleaded, looking defeated.

I brought my lips onto his and started kissing him softly. He responded after the initial shock. I was still on my knees straddling him, so he pressed me closer. I deepened the kiss, enjoying us being intimate in some way.

Dylan started taking charge of the kiss as his tongue slipped into my mouth. He lowered his hands, placing them on my behind and moved me on top of him as he lay down on the bed.

My hormones were going crazy and I had to take control of the situation, even though it was hard.

It felt amazing to be like that with Dylan. My Wolf was howling with joy, begging me not to stop until I was fully mated with him.

Suddenly, Dylan moved us so that he was on top of me, his weight resting on his arms. He didn’t break the kiss as he was doing this. One of his hands was running along the side of my waist. Dylan’s lips released mine, and he started trailing small kisses on my jaw until he reached my neck.

He ran his thumb along the mark he had made, which proved his claim on me. I shuddered in response and noticed Dylan’s gaze on me. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him away.