ı 05 ı The Hunter

Start from the beginning

"No time to mope in surprise. Stefan and I are thinking of a plan to kill the bastard now, do you want in?" he asks me.

"Yes," I say immediately.

"Great, meet us in ten," Damon says before hanging up.

I go to get ready with James right behind me. "I'm coming," he says.

"So am I!" Joel shouts from downstairs, both James and I unaware that he had been listening to our conversation the whole time.

"You're a dirty eavesdropper, Joel," I shout down the staircase. I only hear him laugh which prompts James and I to roll our eyes.

"Want me to call Caroline to babysit?" James asks.

"Yup, please." 

∆  ∆  ∆

The plan is simple really, or at least it should be. It sounds a lot easier than it feels as James, Joel and I walk down in the old Lockwood Caves that run underneath the Grill. 

Damon and Stefan have thought of a plan to come at the hunter on all sides, overwhelming him and forcing him to release the hostages. It's pretty straight forwards, but a little too straight forwards if you ask me. Too many things can go wrong, too many things that can take place. This is a skilled hunter, specifically designed to kill vampires and I have no doubt that the whole place is filled with traps.

After hearing multiple explosions upstairs from the Grill, the three of us become increasingly worried for Stefan's safety, as we sprint through the caves. After turning a corner we come to an abrupt halt when we see Stefan holding the hunter hostage, Damon across from them. They appear to be in a full on argument.

"Oh good. You caught the bastard. Can we kill him now?" I snarl, baring my fangs at the hunter.

"No, because apparently Stefan has become Klaus's bitch again," Damon growls.

"Wait, what are you talking about?" I ask.

"Why don't you ask your twin?" Damon says, glaring at Stefan.

"Why don't you stop being a smart ass and answer the question?" James snaps.

"I can't let you kill him," Stefan says, still holding the hunter.

"The hell you can't!  Why not!" I exclaim, furious for answers.

"Because Klaus needs him alive, meaning Stefan here has to do his dirty work," Damon says. "Isn't that right Stefan?"

"Why does Klaus need him alive?" Joel asks impatiently.

"I can't say much. Klaus will kill anyone that knows, but it's something about his tattoo, his hunters mark," Stefan explains, just as he releases the hunter and instructs him to run.

The four of us watch while the hunter runs in the oppotiste direction, Stefan standing in our way of chasing after him. "You think I give a rat's ass about some stupid fancy tattoo?" I snap, right before I sprint after the hunter.

Stefan doesn't let me get very far however as he pushes me backwards into the rock wall of the cave. As I hit the floor, James and Joel interveine by pinning Stefan to the floor creating an opening. Damon appears above me and holds out a hand. "I'll take one way you take the other?" he asks.

"No Blair, you don't understand!" Stefan tries to say, but he's forced back down by James and Joel.

"Sounds good," I smirk, ignoring Stefan as I sprint one way while Damon goes the other. The thought that Stefan is working with Klaus and keeping secrets again angers me, and I find myself even more determined to kill this hunter if it makes Klaus angry.