"Yes, I suppose so," She focused on the road and watched as dogs ran past them animatedly. Her dress swishing in the road, the dust slightly collecting on the hems. "But love is not something to be learnt, it is something that you find."

"So if I feel like I cannot bear to see you in pain again, all I want to do to you is to love you and I know that you are the woman I want, is that love?"

Jacqueline turned to his face. He was serious. His blue eyes were on her face, and his soft cheek was blushing. "Yes, I think so,"

"Then I'll never go crazy, I'll never be the boy that you were sold to. I'll be the man who is going to look after you and keep you safe and loved."

Jacqueline smiled and touched his cheek. "Then I accept all protection, for there is no man who is stronger than the man who loves me. The man who I may love,"

"You may love me?" She nodded slowly.

"You are Dominic to me, it will take time but you will see the physical affection I can give to you. The first time I saw you, when I was presented to you I couldn't wait to get to know you- find more about my husband,"

Dominic swallowed, nobody wanted to know more about him. He was the soilder, Francis' lap dog and a little broken boy. But not with her, he made her feel like a warrior. A French seducer.

"And I cannot wait to find out more about my lady wife," He looked at her eyes which were glued on two men walking out of a tavern.

"William!" She called. "Anthony!"

The two men looked up and Dominic recognised them. William walked up with his companion and whispered something into his ear before they bowed low.

Dominic and Jacqueline repiled in kind before they smiled at each other. "My lord,"

"Father, sir," He inclined his head at Anthony who bowed again. He looked at Jacqueline, who was very much trying to hold her inner desire, Dominic could see her eyes were fully green and watching the men. "We can visit Wilson another day, you could have a day with them,"

"Really?"

"Yes, I have some errands and I need to talk to my men," He touched her hair. "I did not want to return to work so soon, but it gives you a chance to have some alone time."

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome," He offered the men a drink back at the castle, and then he knew he would leave.

 +++

Dominic entered the parlour. He looked as Jacqueline quietly conversing with her brother. Their heads far apart but their hands clasped together as they whispered. He loathed the priest. He had almost ruined his day, however he would be civil.

He had promised Jacqueline her independence, and that included her visitors. Now he wished he was closer to William.

Dominic looked at his messy desk, irritated that he had spent quite a while speaking to Francis on the king's wardrobe when he desperately needed to sort out his affairs.

"Father DeWhite,"

"My lord, DeFleur,"

William rose politely and bowed low before kissing his sister on the cheek and walking to the door."Father,"

"What?"

"Please join me for port tomorrow evening, before dinner."

William looked at the man that had replaced him and nodded his head."I wish you both a good evening." He waited for the servant to shut the door and he left.