Chapter 20

Dominic looked at Jacqueline sleeping, her trussed brown hair covered her face and he moved it and strode to his parlour. "Wentworth." He stated.

"My lord, I hope you forgive my intrusion."

"Intrusion! You shocked my wife into unconsciousness."

"From the servants it seemed you did that by yourself, the doctor said she was half way before I shot the gun anyway."

Dominic glared at his friend; he hated when he was right but ignored the smirking smile and poured himself a glass of whiskey. "She hit her head."

"You scared her, Joseph told me and she did not deserve it."

"Is everyone against me?" Dominic grumbled, downing his shot.

"When is Daniel arriving?" Dominic's gaze intensified as the mention of his older cousin who had forced the marriage on this stupid girl anyway.

"I don't know. Don't care and whilst you are visiting me Wentworth you'll learn to keep your opinions to yourself." Dominic snapped.

"My lord, it has been tiring. Maybe you should retire." The earl spoke, Edward Wentworth his second closest friend smiled as Dominic yawned.

"I'm going to ride." Dominic mumbled and walked out the parlour as Edward smiled and went to his room.

"My lord, you should get some rest, it is almost sunrise and you have not had rest in almost a day."

Dominic ignored his butler and opened the manor's door jogging outside. This was his punishement for hurting her so, hurting everyone and he walked into the stables and got on his horse.

Dominic swore as the sun blazed on his face he had been riding for over three hours now he needed to go back inside.

He dropped off his horse and brushing himself off, left it in the fields. The horseman would find it. Walking towards his house, he looked around the lands he was so use to.