Chapter 36

The messenger opened the door. The Lord entered, and afterwards the messenger who was clutching a letter ran out the room. He kept his head down, and the young messenger knew if anyone in the castle saw this letter apart from the recipient, he would be getting a beating. The Lord hadn't said it, but this letter was important and the messenger had to reliever it, quickly and discreetly. And it was a letter to the king.

"Cousin," Daniel's voice echoed into the library of the King. It was the perfect place to start a fighting match, when it came to that.

"My lord," Dominic bowed and waited for his cousin to sit."I hope you have been well."

"Well enough." David sipped some of his wine. His eyes locked on his cousin."We need to talk. Dismiss your servant."

"You can go." Dominic waited for the servants to leave. The strong sense of irritation was strong in the air."How was Ireland?"

"Do not try and change the subject. Look at you. You are a mess." Daniel snapped."If it wasn't for Francis I would not of even been here. I would be in Ireland living the bliss life I always had until I realised my cousin is a abuser."

"I'm a mess! You travel around Ireland lost, alone and your estate crumbling beneath your feet."

Daniel shot him a look evilly."And you walk about in your city clothing, your Arabian horses and ton of servants. But your still the cold hearted bastard I know."

"Don't you dare critic me!" Dominic snapped.

"At least I whore around with women I don't beat them after." Dominic paled. His cousin seemed to know everything but he never told anyone how."I picked her for a reason. She needed no discipline. I said look after her you fool!"

"Discipline? Women need be trained otherwise they turn into whores." Dominic slammed his glass down."And how is dear Pauline?"

Daniel would kill him."My mistress is well. She is better than your wife."

"My wife is no one's whore." He said with regret. Soon he would not be able to utter those words again. Soon he would not be able to talk about his wife, Lady Jacqueline DeFleur. Soon she would be the Dowager, he would leave France and go to England. Lord Dominic DeFleur, the violent and lonely cad was dead.

"Pauline is no whore. She tends to my sexual needs well and I respect her. She fears she is with child and if that is the case I will marry her, I have not told her but she has earned it. The scorn of a disgraced woman is too much for me to bear especially on such a man pleaser."

"She is a whore all the same. She gives herself to a man without marriage. Even I could fuck her for a bauble or two and she would say nothing." Dominic said icily. He would be gone soon.

Daniel laughed humorlessly."You disgust me. You disgust me Dominic. I am not Francis, I will not shout and expect you to listen to me."

Daniel lifted his eyebrow."I will punish you like the child you have become."

"I do not have to listen to you,"

Daniel looked at the time, he had no time for this foolishness."Maybe you would like to discuss this with Francis? You think we both won't hesitate to banish you to your father's house to bare the shame. You have disgraced the DeFleur name too many times."

Dominic clenched his glass and placed it on the table beside him. He glared at his cousin and let him continue."Your father would be glad for his bastard don't you think?" Daniel ran a hand through his hair."Don't you?"

Dominic nodded and reduced himself to a little child. Ignoring the bitterness inside, he wanted to cry do much but he hit his lip and looked on the ground. He couldn't ignore the horrible feeling inside. He wanted to leave these lands as soon as possible.