Chapter 11

William's tear slid down his face as his sister was dragged into the house. There was nothing he could do now, and that was what hurt the most.

His blond hair flicking in the wind, hitting his face was actually irritating him and he wished to chop it all off. But what would that accomplish? Nothing, she he instead went through his problem.

He tried to think through if there was anything he could do. The marriage contract was sealed, kiss at the wedding and blessing to come from his majesty. She was locked in the world of nobility, river of royalty and the land of power. No wonder his sister felt lost.

He was not anyone in this. He recalled his little sister crying begging him to stay. But that would be like robbery and stealing from someone as close as the king was almost as sentencing as treason. Slowing down his horse he turned to the local bakery, maybe something to eat would calm him.

He didn't want to bring her back but he had no power in this situation, if it was Thomas there would be some consideration as the eldest and a nobleman. But William was William, a priest, low in front of a man like Dominic. A man with power and money and servants.

He knew Dominic would deal with her too. That was probably the sadist fact. His brother in laws letter to him was angry and direct. Threatening William's life if his sister wasn't brought to him soon or found, William knew it was because of their close relationship but it still hurt. William had sighed then and leaving the service early rode around town in search for his dark haired head strong headed sister.

+++

Dominic's fist clenched as he swore, watching his screaming wife being brought into the house. Her hair flying wildly around her the guards had not touched her. They were Dominic's instructions. But she was to be brought to him, and this men were making sure they were paid in the end. Dominic was irritated.

"Go upstairs and change you may address me," Looking at the clock. At noon, my lady, I will be in my study." Standing coldly in front of her, tried to talk to her woo her with gifts and compliments but she had rejected each one with a flounce and flicker of the hand and now she would pay. He was sick of her disrespect.

She was digging her own grave, risking her eligibility with every foolish move she made, but she was doing it on purpose. He was no fool, females with virginity were prized at court and if his little raven haired maiden was beautiful too. No matter how many times she ran, he could see she was made to be a wife or a prosistute. If she was at court she would have been deflowered by the gardner at this rate, or his apprentices. Men and their lusty appetites, it was his protection that kept her safe.

Meek as she was, loud as she was, she had elegance envied by many. Even though the time had been brief he had watched her lips pouted and glossed speak softly. Then he had turned away, and missed her running off. The stupid girl. He had watched her from his connection bedchamber which he had been instructed to keep a secret from the new countess.

"Insolent little witch." He mumbled.

++++

Jacqueline went to the room, a bath drown and herbed as well as a gown laid for her she knew Alice wanted to allow her privacy, and she was glad. Pouring the water she wondered how he would punish her, some men insulted or degraded their wives whereas others were more physical. Both were as bad as each other, and one could easily lead to another.

She got out the tub and dried herself, trying to delay the inevitable. Creaming her skin she dressed and looked at the time, the sun dial was almost at noon, she didn't want to be late it might increase his anger and she was already probably heading for a beating.