Chapter 19 part 2

Author's Note: I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the support on this novel, whether it’s a vote, comment, fan or posting on my message board I'm truly thankful and it gives me a huge confidence boost.

Chapter 19: Part 2

Dominic continued reading before there was a knock on the door and a shuffle of shoes onto his polished shoes. "Mr Dermont said you requested me, my lord." Dominic's eyes travelled to Joseph’s face.

He gasped slightly as Joseph’s face came into view. "Move your hair." Dominic ordered.

Joseph hesitated but the face of his master, his sharp blue eyes and clenched jaw, made him quickly obey and move the dark long hair out of his way. His clear sea green eyes held tears and the dark purple bruise framed it. His other eye was fine and his lip swollen, his cheeks were flushed and he bent his head down in shame.

Dominic was stunned. He didn't know how to respond instead kept staring at Joseph before he winced in pain. He didn't want to discuss how it happened and turned to face the window without getting up. "Are the horses prepared?"

"Aye, master,” Joseph said softly, his voice faltered and he took a deep breath before looking up.

Dominic swallowed and parted his lips to apologise instead he sipped a glass of the tea from the glass on the table. "I do not wish for lunch here we will be out the whole day."

The glass clanked as Dominic put it on the green saucer and the pages rustled as Dominic shut the book he was reading. And stared.

Joseph in return nodded and Dominic rose from the seat he was sitting on and grabbed his cloak and put it on, he looked at Joseph wearing the uniform his boots tattering and asked him to follow.

"Have a good day, sir." Jeffery bowed as Joseph brought out Dominic's saddled horse. The leather was neatly placed and Dominic checked his clothing to see if it matched.

It did. There was a new doublet he had ordered from the village dress maker and the rest of the clothing he had ordered was to be picked up by Joseph today. He looked at his newly pressed brown, country doublet. Underneath he wore a white shirt and a darker shade of brown pantaloons. Dominic looked at his shoes, pleased there was only a minimal amount of hay.