Chapter 19 Part 3

Jacqueline's head slowly travelled up to Dominic's face, her fearless aura smashed as she looked at her husband.

He yanked off her hat, her long flowing dark hair hung around her body. She bent down her head and closed her eyes in bliss at her memories. He did not even try to help her up as Jacqueline sat clenching her paining leg.

She had rode from the horse mistress in a fury and trying, but failing to ignore the luscious lands Dominic owned. Her ankle throbbed and she knew she must of broken it when she fell off the horse and she hissed as he finally yanked off her off the floor clutching onto her waist and he tilted her chin towards his blue eyes.

His blue eyes narrowed at her, scolding her like a child. He brought his hand around and slapped her across the face." How dare you?" If it wasn't for the crowd edging closer towards them Dominic would turn her black and blue.

Jacqueline touched her cheek." Answer me!" He screamed.

She choked on her breath, tears streaming down her face. And shivering looked at him she bent her head down again. "You went out riding without telling me. You embarrassed me in front of my town." He stammered and slapped her again.

Joseph coughed to indicate the amount of people that were now watching, shoppers and sellers were seeing the first glimpse of the newly wedded couple and it did not look good.

"I suggest you all leave now." Dominic addressed the crowd and the grumbled and reluctantly left the scene. Some trying to catch a last glimpse before Dominic glared again.

 "I thought I could trust you."

"I'm sorry." She murmured quietly, she hiccupped and looked at him from underneath her beret style cap.

"I thought I could trust you. I thought you weren't going to leave me." He continued.

Leave him? “What do you mean leave you? I'm bound to you. I'm your wife."

Jacqueline spoke calmly and tried to ignore the ache of her body, Joseph watched silently. "Dominic?"