Chapter 17

She is one of my favourite historical writers on here and one of the most successful historical/romance and humour authors on wattpad. She read my story, is a doctor (really cool) and I just wanted to thank her for all her support with this story and my others :)

The king was right. He had been an idiot. He had let her run away for goodness sake! But Dominic would not admit that.

The elegant imported wine from Spanish lands glistened and Francis inhaled its scent, it calmed him, it was warm and sweet and right now like a child it was the only reason why he hadn't beaten up Dominic, black and blue. "She could have become a prostitute, I have done much to stop it and it's idiots like you that make my schemes fail,”

Dominic kept quiet; he looked desperately at the older man for some sort of forgiveness in his eyes, there was none. His finely pressed white tunic clung tightly to his body, his firm arms flexed and reddening as he held the cup in his arms tighter.

"You've been abused yourself!" Francis roared the contents of his glass cup slightly spilled onto the carpeted floor. Both men looked at it sink into the rug before Dominic replied.

"I know but I didn't abuse her!" Dominic breathed deeply before taking a bite in the bread of the table.

"And you hurt your servant too! Tell me you didn't hurt him. The boy was good I saw his loyalty and you even hurt him,”

"You can't just accuse me,” Dominic said softly, he touched his cheek his fingers nudging for something to do.

Francis did not comment, from childhood Dominic had been a terrible liar, his blue eyes would dart around nervously and on the border of his light blond hair sweat beads would start to form. Moments like  now.

"Dominic display such ignorance and stupidity again and I will not be responsible for my actions" Francis said heartlessly.

"Yes, your majesty," He responded.

"You may leave I do not wish to speak to your wife today I'm in no mood I would unleash your stupidity on her"

"I wasn't stupid she deser-"