Chapter 22

At Court:

Francis opened the book he had been reading before looking up at William and Amelia. They had avoided each others gaze at the table, avoided anyone's face and it irritated Francis."DeFleur." Francis called.

Thomas left his wife's side and bent at Francis side."Your brother...."

"My brother, your majesty."

Francis looked at William who was chewing a piece of pie, Amelia doing the same and the extravagant foods offered on the table made it their simple actions seem even more humble.

"Yes your brother, what is wrong with him?"

Thomas shrugged, his now engagement was a hindrance in his affairs to further himself. A woman with no title, connections or heritage was now a mark on his name.

"Maybe he finally realised that keeping his dick out too long to get some female attention was a mistake."

Francis growled."You will not speak about others in my presence like that. I suggest you do not spread any rumours DeFleur. I have taken a liking to William and I will see to his well being, including his reputation."

Thomas growled with jealousy, he wanted the king's favour!"Like Dominic your majesty?"

Francis snarled and dismissed him with a flicker of his jewelled hand."Watch yourself DeFleur, this isn't the peasant hovel you grew up in and I hope for your sake you remember."

Thomas bowed an apology and strode out. He was going to have a little word to his brother in law and see how much he liked the new baby in his place.

+++

At the DeFleur mansion

Dominic woke up early, removing his shirt off because of the heat he strode through his home. He hadn't done that in a while. In years in fact...

After receiving the lavish estate he had only one day before servants came in and tuned it to their new masters 'approval'

Walking towards the gardens, considering a dip in the lake he saw a figure. Scrunching his nose in confusion he walked towards it. Flicking a fly off him he wondered why the British weather was not very well British.

"Who's there?" He called, no reply, striding closer and grabbing a pistol from the rack he allowed his staff to keep he ventured closer.

"I said who's there this is the earl speaking"

There was no reply. The wind whispering nothing. It was still warm and the sun was now in Dominic's face.

The grass was crisp from the rain last night and walking bearfoot. He wiggled his toes and as the wind blew he closed his eyes in bliss and spun around.

And tripped. He cursed and feeling a pair of hands grabbed onto him.

Blinking upwards he was now at the mercy of someone. Being face flat on the ground and his arms restrained he looked up to see. A woman....

Lifting him up still restraining his arms, she held him close."Who are you?" Her breathing heavy and on him , he felt intrigued by this. She snapped digging closer into his ribs.

He gasped in pain."Release me wench, how dare you?"He spat.

The woman obeyed him and shoving him to the ground glared straight in his face. Her black hair tied backwards in a ponytail. She flicked it slightly behind her. Eyeing up her captive.

A strong face she her fringe flicked in her face. Her eyes narrowed.

Her face currently holding a glare was free of any blemishes. She was very beautiful. Especially for a black woman. Dominic thought.