Chapter 33

He rode faster, further away from the castle- to the shore. He had left her again but he didn't know what to say. He didn't know what to do and he couldn't hit her. He wouldn't hit her.

He was a bastard. But he would change, he could change. Besides he was still Dominic DeFleur, blond haired bombshell and sportsman of the masses. He was amazing. But now he didn't feel amazing, the horse continued to move yet he clenched his heart, hitting his chest. His breath quickened trying to catch the air around him, his chest felt tighter and his throat constricted.

This was uncomfortable. He needed to take a breather. He looked around for a clear area and calmed Storm down towards it. The horse trotted to the area, before Dominic deemed it safe with a quick look around.

He stopped Storm and got off the magnificent beast. Staring at the rocks he watched as the men worked for the day near the docks. His breathing was still painful but now it was less intense. He took deep breaths and looked at his shaking hands. He needed to think, get his mind off his tired body. He closed his eyes and counted to ten.

He thought of his wife. His life and his future as he stood there. What had he done? He had been a utter cad, he was just like his father. After the priest had gone he could only stare at her in smug content. He owned her and there was nothing she could do about it. Resorting to begging her brother, was a foolish thing to do.

But when he thought about it. How many times had he begged his servants to take him home. Get him away from his father. So many times. Just so he could get away from his father. He was like his father. Swallowing that bitter disappointment in himself he got back on Storm and returned back to the castle.

He left his horse in the stables and walked to William's room. As he walked her beautiful face flashed in his mind.

He knocked on the door hard and was shocked as he saw William open the door with tiredness. The previous day he had been full of charge and life. And now he stood before him almost drunk in his self pity.

"My lord," He bowed low and motioned him in. Shutting the door he offered him a seat whilst he called for a servant. The boy from a while ago entered the room and offered Dominic some wine before returning to the room he had came from.

"How may I service you?"

Dominic was silent. What was he doing here? How could this man help him?

But then, Dominic looked around the simply furnished room and he knew what he was here for."You may visit my wife." He looked at the wall. "A private dinner, without my chaperonage."

William looked at him with uncertainty but grabbed his cloak and followed Dominic."Guards will be placed around the wall. You will not be able to escape with her, or my men will shoot you both down. I will not hesitate to kill you myself."

He knew it would mean a lot to her. Maybe she would understand that he was trying to make amends. He waited for William's answer with baited breath. William was one of the only people that she had smiled with, and if he could make her happy, it would be in Dominic's favour.

"Yes, my lord."

Dominic looked around the room he was in. He saw the priest's mouth moving yet he could not respond, he tried to touch his clean shaved cheek yet he couldn't. My lord. It was his title yet he felt he wasn't being addressed, he wasn't being spoken to. The same way he wasn't being loved, he had never been loved.

"Good, hurry up. Let's go." Dominic got up in a hurry and clung onto the sofa as he felt a wave of dizziness come upon his person.

++++