Chapter 38

Author's note:

We grow closed to the end of our journey.... Nah, I'm not going all dramatic, there is only a couple of chapters left, please enjoy.

+++

Dermont ushered the servants in quickly. He did not want to intrude on their morning but Dominic's orders were to have a breakfast and wash cloth ready for the couple. They placed the food onto the table and Dermont laid out their clothing before shooing everyone out.

He gently shut the door and wished them a happy marriage before returning to the kitchen.

+++

It was after noon when Dominic and Jacqueline woke up. Beforehand they both lay snoring gently. Dominic laying on his back with his hair brushing on Jacqueline's hair whilst Jacqueline lay on her chest, her hair covering Dominic's face.

If it wasn't for the tweeting of the birds and the laughing of the court below, they probably wouldn't of risen till later. Both with aching muscles from heavy sleep which had been induced.

They both opened their eyes at the same time with a yawn."Good morning, sir."

"Good morning, Madam." He yawned."I hope you have had a good sleep."

Jacqueline yawned and moved her hair out of Dominic's face. He chuckled and moved his hair off his back. They both shot up and the friendless of their actions and looked at each other bursting into a fit of laughter.

Dominic got out of his bed. Only clothed in his undergarments he quickly put on his shirt and hose before pouring two glasses of wine. He turned back and offered her a glass. She quickly got out of bed, still wrapped in the silk bed sheets and took the glass.

"Thank you,"

"You're welcome." He began cutting the bread and poured jam onto it. Grabbing his pocket knife he sliced the pear and sliced it into four. He took the mini plates and gave them an equal share of food to break their fast. He made two slices of bread and jam, sliced pears and cold meat.

"We will need to discuss what happened yest-"

There was a knock at the door and Dominic paused and went to the door."My lord,"

A servant bowed and handed him the parchment. A red ribbon tied scroll was given and Dominic shut the door.

"It's from Rome," He opened it and watched as Jacqueline slid a pear into her mouth. Chewing slowly as his words

His eyes quickly scanned over it and he sighed in selfish relief."He is not granting us the divorce."

Jacqueline did not pale or cry as he expected but instead got up and slowly removed the letter from his finger tips. She read it with equal interest as he had just done and then threw it into the flame."We will not discuss it again."

The letter cackled and it slowly turned to ash, crumbling till it continued roaring again.

He nodded and took his plate of food to the balcony. She understood. He wanted to be alone with his thoughts and she gave him that privacy so she could change. She slid into the laid out dress.

It was the palest baby blue. The sleeves made in a lighter shade, it made Jacqueline look almost childlike. If it wasn't for the cleavage it showed and the waist enhancement of the design, she would of felt like a child. There was a necklace, a sliver one and Jacqueline put it on. Slipping into the flat shoes, she covered her upper half with a darker cloak. She freed her hair and used one golden band to style it. It pushed her dark long hair backwards and she allowed a few tendrils to frame her face.