Chapter 30

Jacqueline, frowned as Dominic came in but did not say anything. She did not know what else she expected. An ode and a bunch of hybrid flower, made to compliment her love. Instead her husband entered the room with a valet who had begun to undress him.

He removed his master's riding cloak, decorated with golden buttons and a dark green material. He took off the riding gloves and velvet hat. Once he began to remove his shirt, Dominic stopped him. "Return to dress me for my outing after dinner, I can dress myself for now."

"Yes, my lord."

The valet shut the door and it was left with Dominic and Jacqueline. It was quiet the wind blew softly into the bedroom and the fire was out. Jacqueline was sitting in a warm fur rug, her nose and cheeks pink from the cold. Her eyes fluttering between anger and calamity, Dominic chuckled, how adorable.

She sharply looked at him, he looked away from her heated glare and spoke."How was your day?"

There was no reply and he begun unbuttoning his shirt, dropping it carelessly to the ground. Only clad in a hose he seemed more free than when he wore the expensive, uptight ruff and shirt combination. Facing the window he counted to ten before wondering. What was taking her so long? He thought. He looked at her face. She didn't look angry anymore, her face looked almost sleepy.

She yawned before answering. Her blue eyes bleary."Fine, my lord" She stayed quiet after that and continued looking at the window. She was too tired to face this man. The riding had made her more tired than she thought and a nice rest before dinner was exactly what she needed.

Apparently her husband didn't care and it showed in his reply."Good" His gaze was on her,"Stand up"

She looked puzzled. Didn't he like it when she gave him the answers he wanted to hear, when he asked questions and she would not bore him with details of her monotone day. Well not exactly montone, but that's what he thought. Unless..."Why?"

"Because I ordered you too and as your husband you shouldn't even question me," He snapped. He didn't break eye contact as she moved from the warm fur.

She sighed and stood up. Dominic strolled towards her from the otherside of the large bedroom. His eyes scrutinising her person. He grasped the shoulders of her dress, pulling it down to reveal a shoulder. Her skin was creamy white and she shivered, goosebumps appearing."What are you doing?"

"DOMINIC!" She exclaimed. What on earth was he doing? Here he stood only in a hose, no shirt and he was stripping his wife without her consent. The orange dress was a simple day dress. A plain orange gown and a darker orange stomacher with gold lace. Dominic loved how it looked on her but he didn't say and kept to his task. She struggled but he told her to stop it, she nodded and stood still.

He didn't reply to her question either, instead pulled it down to reveal her breast. She knew what was coming. She tried to move away again from him but he captured her legs between his. She couldnt move, he held all the power. She felt debased. Closing her eyes tightly she focused on the sleep she would get after he was done.

He pulled off her gown completely, leaving only her undergarments. She flushed deeply and he continued looking. The curve of her breast and the dip between them. The lush warm colour of her shoulders and her skin. He saw nothing to make him doubt her words.

He released her legs and she stood motionless, waiting for him to do something. He looked at her face, he tilted it upwards and then let go, she was scared. Her eyes searched his face trying to find his next move.

"Dominic," She whispered softly.

His actions stopped at her call. She sounded so calm, so relaxed. He on the otherwise of the emotion specturm was a nervous reck."You have the body of a rider, you would be successful on the saddle." He held her hips and she shook.