Strange Actions

It's been about a week and Asriel is still in pain.

He barely talks to anyone. He's been in his room for a while.

I'm starting to think that whatever the humans stabbed him with is making him act this way.

I knock on his door.

No answer.

I let myself in.

He's sitting on his bed, typing on his phone.

"Are you ok? You haven't left your room in a couple days." I say.

He turns off his phone and puts the screen down. "I'm fine."

I sit on the edge of his bed. "How's your head?"

He shrugs his shoulders.

"You've been acting kinda weird over the last day or two. Are you sure you're ok?"

He nods.

"If you say so." I get up and walk to the door. "Call me if you need anything."

He nods again.

I step out of his room and sit on the couch next to Frisk.

"Is he still acting strange?" Frisk asks.

"I don't know what to do. He's been to the lab and they say it's nothing."

"I mean when I'm sick I like to be alone. He probably just wants to be alone so he's not talking as much."

"I guess, but I still feel like it has something to do with that syringe. He started acting like this after he got stabbed."

"Maybe. If he gets any worse then we'll do something, for now we should just stop thinking about it."

"He's missing a lot of important king stuff. He would never miss anything like that."

"He's not feeling good. He has an excuse not to go." Frisk says and gets up. "Want to come watch some anime with Alphys?"

"Sure, why not."

When we get home Frisk goes to bed and so do I.

In the middle of the night I hear Asriel. It sounds like he's talking to someone.

I quietly get up and listen at his door.

The talking stops.

Crap, they probably know I'm listening.

"I gotta go." Asriel says.

I hear him get up and walk to the door.

I then starting walking past his door acting like I never stopped walking.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a glass of water.

"What're you doing?" Asriel asks.

I jump. I didn't even know he was following me. I quickly turn around.

"I was just getting some water. What are you doing?" I start getting a little nervous.

"I heard you listening at the door."

Busted. "No. I was just-"

"You heard nothing." He says and walks back to his room.

I watch as he closes the door to his room.

"Who was he talking to and what was he talking about?" I mumble to myself.

He's staring to creep my out a little.