The Surface

It's been a while since I died, but I can't help thinking about it. What would I do if it happened again? Asriel notices that something's wrong.

"What are you thinking about?"

"If I told you, you wouldn't believe me."

"I'll always believe you Chara, you're my best friend."

"Thanks Asriel. Well, I guess I can tell you. What if I told you that a while ago, I died?" I look at him. His eyes are wide.

"Hahaha! Yeah right Chara. If you were dead you wouldn't be here right now." He laughs.

"I knew you wouldn't believe me. Anyway, I'm gonna go check out the barrier." I say getting up.

"Wait Chara!"

We walk to the barrier. I put my hand on the invisible wall. "Everyone down here wants to escape right?"

"Yeah. We need 7 human souls to break it. If a monster ever absorbed a humans soul they could cross the barrier." Asriel explains.

I look at the bright wall and take Asriel's hand. The hand that was on the barrier falls through it.

"Chara?"

I walk forward with Asriel. We cross the barrier.

We both gasp. "Chara! It's more beautiful then I've ever imagined!" Asriel says.

"How did we do that?" I ask.

"Let's go check out those flowers down there!" He says ignoring my question.

"Asriel wait up." I call to him.

We laugh and run for a while. We lay in the flowers when I here a lot of gasping and screaming.

"It's a monster!"

"Kill it!"

"Asriel! Run!" I drag him up and start running.

The humans are chasing after us, shooting arrows at us while we run. I get shot and fall down.

"Chara!" Asriel says kneeling down to me. The humans are getting closer.

"Go Asriel. I'll be fine. Run!" Asriel doesn't move. An arrow flies down and hits him in the chest. "Asriel!" He disintegrated into a pile us dust.

I had just watched my best friend die and now I'm dying.

I rip the arrow out of my chest. "Ugh!" I'm breathing really heavily. I look down at the arrow. "The only way to make things better is to reset. There's no choice." I start to cry.

I take the arrow and put it through my skull. I start to fall. I meet Asriel once more and Toriel, and everyone.

A/N
I hope that didn't take it to far. This does seem like a useless chapter but I wanted to add it anyways. It'll teach Chara not to go to the surface unless prepared. Anyway, thank you for reading!