-11

The funeral was very empty. When they asked if anyone had words to say, nobody said anything. Which I don't think was right. I didn't say anything because I couldn't remember them. Elizabeth wasn't up to speaking because she couldn't stop crying. To a point it seemed over the top.

“So if they were so important why was it so empty?" I ask James and Elizabeth as we eat dinner.

“It was a family only event." Elizabeth answers.

“What about the family from Stefano?"

“They weren't close. They didn't want to come." She says quickly.

“So there's no other no family?”

“No. My father was the only boy of the family and he has a little sister. They weren't close. Mainly because after his parents died he got everything and since he was already with my mother, whom she didn't like, he kicked her out. With nothing. And my mother was an only child. Her parents gave her up. Didn't want anything to do with her. A day after they gifted her away to the castle orphanage, they were killed. So no, no family. Just us."

“This family is small." I say with a frown. And that's the last words said until we finish.

Entering our room I look to my left and see the boxes of stuff it seems my grandparents left me. I hadn't had any need or felt that I should look into them until now. Crossing the room I sit down and open one box.

“Finally looking through the boxes?" Theo asks as he enters the room.

I nod my head and he comes and sits next to me. “Yea, I figured I might as well since the triplets are sleeping."

“They are peaceful at the moment. But in all honesty they rarley cry. We have good kids." He says as he kisses the top of my head.

“Yes we do. We got lucky." I say as I look up at him. He returns my smile before kissing my lips gently.

“So what's in this one?" He asks.

I shrug and open it. Inside the box I find albums. I pick up a white one and in the front it reads ‘Royal Wedding’. I open it and in the front page is a picture of a young woman, her back to the camera, she looks over her left shoulder and she has a big smile on her face. Her white dress is well fitted around her slim figure, long laced sleeves reach the ground. The train of the dress doesn't seem to end. Her back is slightly bare from the top but closes back up from the middle of her back. Her hair seems to be drawn over her right shoulder along with her veil. On her head lies a pretty impressive crown. Over the picture it simply says ‘Bride’.

“Is that your grandma?" Theo asks.

“I have no idea. Her face seems to look like the picture we used from the funeral." I say.

“It seems it is. Look that's her name. Did you know her middle name was Elizabeth?" Theo asks as he points to the small letters on the bottom right of the page.

“No I didn't. Wow, she's beautiful. I hate that I can't remember them."

“Well think about this, your getting to meet them all over again. Through your eyes now. There seems to be more albums here. Keep going, maybe you'll remember something." Theo encourages me and I smile before flipping the page.

The top reads ‘Groom’. Under it stands a young man with a wicked grin on his face. He looks well fitted in his tuxedo. He has a big structure. He looks very fit and thanks to that smile I know that this, without a doubt is my grandfather.

Going through the pages I see how my grandfather goes to the front of the grand church accompanied by who I assume are his parents. He stands in the front looking nervous. The whole church looks packed. How my grandfather gets happy just by watching her come down the aisle. Everyone stands. She walks down with a young man by her side. Her face is covered by a beautiful lace veil. Her bouquet of white roses is pretty huge. They stand in front of each other and my grandfather has a huge smile on his face, just as my grandmother does when her veil is removed from her face. They slip rings onto each other's fingers. A picture catches my grandfather nodding his head. The kiss they share. How the crowd stands and erupts with applauses. The wedding gets moved to the backyard of the castle. They have their very own table. They look happy. They dance, eat, kiss each other. Happiness is very noticeable on their faces. They cut the cake, through a bouquet. The album is surprisingly well kept and through out the pictures you can see the happiness on both their face.

Through the rest of the album's you see them growing up happily, my grandmother pregnant. I'm surprised when I see that she was pregnant with a boy.

“I thought Elizabeth was the only child?" I ask Theo.

“So did I." He says and continues to flip the pages. The next page shows a picture of a smiling Stefano and Margo, in her arms lays a little baby, on to of the family portrait it reads ‘Prince Stefano Valentine’.

“They had a son." Not really understanding how this could be I continue to flip the page and that's when I stop in pictures that explain more.

In the next few pages you see that it's a funeral. A small coffin is in the front and a weeping mother and father stand in the front. He is buried out where my grandparents were buried. But unlike their funeral his is packed. The garden is full with people.

In the next album I don't see Stefano or Margo smiling as much as they use to. Not even when Elizabeth is born. Of course they look happy but not as happy as before.

“She lost a child." I say and Theo sighs.

“Could explain why she was always mad." He says simply.

****A/N
Just want to say thank-you for all the prayers for my grandma. Sadly turns out her cancer is so rare they have no cure. They said she has months to live. I was blank on ending this chapter so I left it alone. My updates will be slow. I just want to spend time with her. And with school beginning, work, and taking care of my grandmother idk how much time I'll have to finish the book. I'm going to try to publish everything quickly. Spelling & Grammar errors will be made so sorry.
-❤QueenAthena