2+

"So your really leaving, after all that happened last night with your mother?" Mike asks me.

I nod and grab my bag and make my way toward the truck. I don't mind saying goodbye to my family. I don't want my mom to start to cry and I don't want to hear my dad start taking about pack responsibilities.

"I understand why your going Chris but just be careful." Mike says. "You can call whenever you need help."

"Okay."

"Did you go see Rick?" He asks. And I find myself wishing he wouldn't have caught me leaving.
"No Mike I didn't. Why?" I ask him as I through the bag into the truck and slam the door closed turning to look at him.

"Well he's been asking for you. He's sorry."

"Okay."

"He feels like its his fault."

"Well that's how he feels." I say and I see something snap in Mike.

"Well its not Christopher! Its no ones fault! So stop acting like an ungrateful person and go talk to him." He yells.

"So that's how you feel?"

"Yes, we understand your wife and children were taken. You're heart broken, we get it. But that doesn't mean you can be angry at Rick or anyone else for this. We couldn't have seen this coming nobody could have. He just wants to apologise for not being able to help."

"I'm not upset of him not stopping them. I'm upset at...well I'm upset at myself. Mike, I was suppose to be there! And yes this is a childish grudge or whatever you want to call it but that's how I feel. He's but suppose to be in that hospital bed, I am. I should have been there to protect my mate...my babies. Instead I was miles away from them. I didn't even bother to call Rey." I feel defeated drained and I want to be alone.

"Christopher it wasn't your fault. And I don't know what to tell you no more. I'm glad you at least told me how you really feel. Just go. Be careful and be assured I'll take care of the pack. We're all here for you man." He says as I get in the truck. I nod and drive off feeling more alone then ever.
.
.
.
.

I drive for a long time until I feel my eyelids getting heavy. I look for a sign signaling a rest area or hotel sign. I spot a green sign and it says something about food and loading stations but that's twenty miles away. I groan but find some load music and blast the loudest song I can find in the crappy radio station...

I pull up to a motel 6 and make my way into the lobby. An old mab comes out and checks me in he tells me how much it will be and after paying him, he hands me my room keys. I get to the small room and quickly plop myself on the bed. But before my eyes fully close I find myself asking the goddess for some help along the way for my search...

As a guy you know waking up to some one stirring and entering your restroom early in the morning is not a good thing. Even note bad when your married. But I don't remember ever leaving my room... I get up and look at the restroom to see the small door is closed. I begin to make my way towards the restroom when someone comes banging on the front door.

"Open the door Christopher!" The most annoying voice says. In four long strides I make it to the door and open it.

"Lily, what the hell are you doing here?" I ask her as she side steps me and enters the room.

"Good morning to you too. Is Rick also awake?" She asks.

"Rick?" I ask just as the door to the restroom opens and presents Rick.

"Hey Chris." He says and plops himself on a small chair.

"What the hell are y'all doing here?" I ask, again.

"To help. Duh! Why else would we be here." Lily says as she walks over to a black bag and pulls out a water bottle and bottles of pills.

"How'd y'all get into the hotel room?"

"With a key the man in the front gave us." Lily simply states. She hands Rick several pills and he takes them.

"He just have y'all the key with no questions?"

"Obviously not Christopher!" Lily says as she turns to look at me and rolls her eyes. "We had to persuade him."

"Do I want to know how?"

"Its not what your thinking. We just told him we were looking for my brother. And that you might be suicidal." She says with a nervous smile.

"Suicidal?! What the hell Lily!"

"I told her not to use that." Rick says and Lily snorts at him.

"Yeah well you sure didn't have any ideas!"

"How'd y'all find me?"

"Tracked your credit card. Found you used it or get gas not far from here so we checked each rest spot. Then we just saw the truck outside and we knew you were here." Lily says a little to proudly.

"Does mom and dad know your gone?" I ask her and her face falls a little.

"Yeah! Of course, duh!"

"No she never told them. She tagged along with me when she found me leaving the grounds. Said she could help me. She did drive and helped find you so she wasn't a complete waste of resource." Rick says and Lily turns to swat his arm.

"You said you wouldn't tell!" She whines.

"Christopher isn't that stupid to believe that you'd parents would just let you go especially with what happened last night." Rick tells her with a shrug.

My stomach begins to grumble from lack of food and I think also for all that's happening.

"Well we're going to call them and let them know where we are. We will do this while we eat breakfast." I tell Lily.

"But Christopher I want to help!" She whines.

"No Lily."

"But Christopher-"

"I said no. I'll be out in ten minutes." I say cutting her off and heading to go take a quick shower. I had no idea this was the kind of help I was getting sent if I had known I would have never asked....

A/N sorry for the long wait I've just been busy! And I was stuck for a part. This chapter has three different versions! But I finally picked one. Hope y'all like it! Vote comment & share! Also I have another story going! Has nothing to do with this book but go give it a look its in my published list. Love y'all!