"Are you sure?"

"Are you going to play video games?"

"Yeah."

"I'm very sure."

"Okay."

"He's coming home in three days." she said.

"What are you going to do?"

"I don't know." Annie turned the kitchen light on and started looking through the fridge. "I thought about getting an earlier flight and just going home alone. Maybe bring Cricket or Fizz camping or something."

"I could go."

"Trust me when I say that you don't want to spend a week with my family."

"And Ashton does?"

"That's different. He's my boyfriend, he should get along with my family. You're just my roommate." she set the butter on the counter.

"Demoted to roommate. Not cool Annie."

"Sorry. Roommate and best friend."

"That's better." I smiled. "You know I don't like the guy, but you two need to talk. Like face to face."

I pulled out six pieces of bread and set them on the counter. Annie pulled out a butter knife and started buttering the bread.

"He doesn't want to talk to me."

"Maybe it was just a misunderstanding. If he didn't want to talk to you, he wouldn't have called."

"He just wants to apologize so he won't feel guilty."

"You don't know that."

"You don't even like him. Why are you defending him?"

"Because he fucked up, but you guys are good together. This is just the first argument, so it seems worse. Just let him explain."

"It's not our first argument. The other ones just weren't as real as this one I guess. They were about other things or people. This one is about me."

"It's not always easy."

"I know!" she groaned. "I'll talk to him when he gets back. I just need some time to breathe."

"You forgot the cheese." I said.

"I'm not even the one cooking."

"Oh yeah. I guess I just got used to you catering to my every whim."

"I only wake you up in the morning and cook your dinner, which is really just left overs from my own dinner."

"You do my laundry."

"Just so I can have a full load instead of just a few items."

"Well I do know how you love a full load."

"Shut up." she giggled.

"You walked right into that one."

"I'm gonna be walking right out of this kitchen if you can't keep your mind out of the gutter."

"So this is how it ends? You get to roam free while I have to raise our kids alone?!"

"What are you-"

"The twins Annie! Our beautiful twins!" I said dramatically.

"Stop it! You know that I put the twins up for adoption years ago." She turned away from me and paused. "Or did I?"

I gasped loudly and held my chest with both hands.

"What did you do?!"

"I think you and I both know what happened."