Chapter 24: Key to happiness

"Are we ready to hit the road fam?" Alexa says as she looks up from her phone.

Looking to Damien with my bag on his shoulder he nods his head with a small smile and I turn to her and nod.

"Okay. Arabella, you ready baby?" Alexa says as she gets up from the couch.

"Yeah, I'm ready mom" Arabella replies as she throws her bag at Jason and walks to the door.

Linking arms with her daughter I smile at them two walking out the door as Jason stands their and struggles with a tired look on his face.

Puffing Jason struggles to juggle both his bag, Alexas and his daughters.

Well I guess he had it coming to him when he decided to make babies and have a mate ahah.

Smiling as Alexa smiles triumphly at her mate struggling and lifts her chin and walks out with Arabella.

And if your wondering, yes. Alexa is still mad about yesterday ahaha.

And this is exactly a situation when you can tell why aha.

As Damien grabs my hand firmly in his, we make our to the car that's waiting out the front of the steps.

I'm pretty sure we are taking two cars.

I'm positive Alexa sorted out the car situations already.

she wanted to annoy Jason all the way for apart of his punishment so it was her, Jason, A warrior and Arabella in one car.

Boy I'm lucky Ria and her mate offered to take us before Alexa could speak.

The other car that Ria's mate would be driving would include Me, Ria and Damien of course.

Although Jason originally wanted me and Damien apart, Alexa forced and instructed him that we were going to be in the same car.

Ahah I'm just glad she spoke up, because if she didn't then I wouldn't have and lord knows I wouldn't survive another minute without my mate..

It's weird..I feel like ever since yesterday when he was standing in my room half naked, it was like from then on our bond increased and has gotten stronger.

I asked Alexa and Ria about this and they told me it was totally normal.

Apparently when Ria and Alexa was taken from their mates, they were triple times closer to their mates because of the bond.

It's both a curse and a privilege if you ask me ahah.

One minute i feel like I want to be by his side 24/7 and the next minute, we need some time apart for space and personal needs.

Although I don't mind spending my whole time with him anyways, it's better for the both of us when we know where the other is.

I get this comfortable and reassuring feeling when I'm aware of where he is, and I'm gonna take a random guess and say he does to.

It's funny though...just by being by his side for even a second, I get this overwhelming feeling that warms my heart to its core..

A feeling like I know good things are going to come from his presence...it makes me feel happy about the future for once, and not scared at what tomorrow may bring..

Signing in bliss, I look down at my hand in his large one and relax as I then steal a glance up through my lashes and watch as he tilts his head back and closes his eyes.

Seeing a small Smile tug at his lips as he shuffles me to his arms and tucks me close as he opens his eyes and looks down at me with happiness and amusement. I blush lightly as I realise how long I've been perving on him.

Sucking in a breath I gasp quietly as he grips my chin lightly and starts caressing the tip of my chin with his thumb.

As my eyes are glued to his grey sparking eyes that seem to have a gleam of pure bliss in them, I once again feel my mind floating off and all I see and feel is him.

Breaking the silence, Damien's lip tugs up into a smile as he pulls my chin towards his lips.

As if in slow motion I close my eyes immediately without much thought and feel seconds later his soft plump lips connect with my chin.

Hmm yes an odd place to receive a kiss from, but right now he could his my leg or eyebrow and He'd still be able to make my heart race.

Pulling away moments later as I feel his warm lips make their departure, I open my eyes as if tiredly and look into his eyes sparkling with so much emotions I'm surprised he's not confused by which one to display.

It's a good though, I like the thought of him feeling much more than happiness when he's with me...

That's all I've ever wanted when I found my mate..

It makes me feel over the moon, because I realise everything mean and bad I was told growing up was all wrong.

Looking into his eyes, I realise what real happiness is , I feel it radiating form him and although I have retell experienced this much joy, I feel it through him..

"Why are you looking at me like that princess" Damien says softly as he smiles gently and cradles my hands back in his hands as he leans his head back slightly and looks at me.

Smiling softly I shake my head,

"I just like looking at you" I hum closing my eyes.

Squishing. into the side of his body as I lean my head on his broad chest and hum in response as I feel him slowly rest his head gently on top of mine and chuckle softly.

"Hmmm...why? What makes me worth looking at. What gives you the motivation?" He says humorously.

Mentally rolling my eyes I bump him softly and his chuckles stop and he kisses my head gently as if listening for me to talk more.

"Because...I like seeing you smile" I whisper gently as a smile tugs at my lips, "It reminds me of a certain happiness I once lost at a very young age..."

Feeling as Damien's hands fold into mine gently as he fiddles with my hands, he lifts them up as I'm still clinched to his side and kisses them tenderly.

"Hmm I'm grateful then..." He whispers tenderly as suddenly the car doors open and it's only minutes till the car starts up and Damien keeps his hands in mine and I keep my body close to his.

______________

Hey guys, sorry for the late chapter.
Anyways enjoy, it's kinda boring so bare with me.

Comment,
Vote,
Follow.