Chapter 26: Fake it till you make it

Michael's POV~
Standing at the top of the stairs I feel my heart ache a hundred times worse seeing my little sister drop to the ground and cry.

As my brothers and Chris run to Rose I can't help but stay frozen in place and watch as I ache to let tears fall.

I can't move...she's here like they said.

"Honey..Michael?" I hear my mate faintly call as my vision gets blurry.

Snapping out of my thoughts and tearing my gaze my from brothers embracing rose and onto my mate.

"It's okay, she's back now" she says attempting to soothe my current state, "calm down Hun, everything is fine, just like before she was here, she's okay" she strokes my arm while she talks.

Turning my body away from my mate, I don't register the hurt look on her face because my eyes are glued to a tear soaked rose who is standing with my brothers.

I don't recognise this girl...the rose I know wouldn't just leave, especially if she knew how much it would hurt me..

"No. everything's not fine, it's nothing but fine" i say just so everyone can hear.

And just with those words, my mind was set that as long as she was okay and safe in this pack, I would never trust her and be the same towards her.

"Everything is not the same.." I whisper knowing she can hear me.

By now tears are slowly falling down my face as I watch her shake her head frantically and attempt to make her way to me.

"You hurt me Rosie...more than you think" I speak out as I shove my hands in my pocket and swiftly walk back inside with an aching heart and only an aching heart.

_____________________

Rosie's POV~

It's currently been three hours, 45 minutes and 7 seconds since I was standing in front of my brother crying my heart out.

For a quick overview of the past few hours, he turned his back...I never thought I would say this but I don't think this time I can fix it.

I've royally stuffed things up bad this time.

I mean he couldn't even look at me after that, as if the mere sight of me tears him to pieces a hundred times more..

"But seriously, what did you expect Rosie?" My wolf adds in my mirrored depressed state.

Curled up on my lookout window seat, i gently rest my head on my knees and look out at the colourful horizon.

Pressing my eyes tightly together I don't bother to collect myself but instead let myself feel the weight of the world push down on my heart.

I thought I could fix it this time, I really am trying to think so hard to fix this, but each turn and twist winds up with a image of his heart wrenching gaze playing over and over again on my head.

Sobbing into my knees I feel my body lightly shake in reaction to my cries and hug my body impossibly closer in.

Hearing loud and rapid footsteps advance nearer, I know exactly who it is and why he's here.

I just have to keep quiet and not let my facade fall.

You know that saying "fake it till you make it"

Well that's exactly what I'm gonna do..I can't let anyone know I'm hurting.

"Rose..? Rosie are you in there?" Damien calls out knocking frantically as his voice holds worry within it.

Waiting a few seconds while he continues talking, I squeeze my knees once more and relax as I stand on two feet and wipe away my tears.

Sniffling as quietly possible as I can, I wipe the last evidence of tears from my face while I trek my way towards the locked door.

You can do this, you'll be happy.

You have to be, this is all for Michael forgiveness.

Everyone I love knows how important my brothers are, especially Michael.

I have to be happy for him and show him I'll do anything to make this right.

"Rosie? Please baby let me in, I need to know your okay" Damien sighs as his voice gets weaker.

Wrapping my arms around my waist, I look at the door as if I can see my mates beautifully worried face.

"I'm fine Damien" I force my voice to seep with normality, and surprisingly I nearly believed myself for a second.

"Really?, do you want me to come in-" He calls out  but not before I cut in.

"Really I'm good" I force out once again, "my throat is just uh..just a little sore. I think i might be catching a cold so I'm gonna sleep it off for a while".

"You want some medicine or Panadol to ease your sore throat, I can run up now and get some-"

"No no no, its fine..really" I sigh looking down at my feet, "I'll shower and rest till dinner. I'll meet you out there" I call making sure to sound as if I'm smiling.

As seconds ticked by and silence was received I heard him sigh and the shadows of feet shuffled near the door.

"Okay...I'll come and get you later. Rest and have a warm shower princess" he whispers slightly hesitantly as feet walk away from me.

Sighing in relief and half sadness, I release my tight hold around my waist as I fall on my the end of my bed as I curl into my thick blankets.

While the sun is present I'll smile and try with all my might to glue back my relationship with Michael, while during the night I'll allow the built up tears to make stains on my cheeks till the next night.

__________________

{please read my note😁}

Hey guys, I'm so so sorry this has been a long time coming.

If the chapters, let's just put it honestly 'shit'
Then please do tell me..well the most nicest way possible hehe☺️

Haha nah but really. And if it's good please do tell, I'm still new at this and I really do accept any feedback,

Bad feedback- I take it into account and learn to become better.

Positive feedback- I'll love you guys forever and make sure to mention everybody's names when I write my first offical book hehe.

But thanks for everyone's support so far, I love yous dearly and without the views and votes I wouldn't have continued.

Much love to yous my supporters!!!!🤘🏼😘😇