Chapter 9: Mate! Mate!

Finally arriving at school Leo parks the car at the back of the car park and gets out. Great now we have to walk through the whole car park with everybody looking at us! Good spot Leo.

"Hey you ok, you seem...I don't know, tense?" Leo asks me.

Shrugging I hold my backpack to my chest and look down. Oh god, I haven't been back at school since Michael banned the girls. I'm not so much scared anymore...more along the lines of terrified. The three girls may have been the major ones. But now I just have to ignore the humans, they've never really phased me that much but since the girls are gone I don't know..this is gonna be an interesting year I guess!

"I'm fine, just a little shaky is all" I release a shaky breath looking him in the eyes.

Stopping us just as we come to the main centre of the carpark where everybody hangs in the morning Leo grabs me by my arm and looks at me seriously.

"I won't let anyone hurt understand? So stop worrying, I can hear your heart beat from a mile away" Leo says raising a brow at me.

"Haha sorry..I just..I can't help it. It seems so surreal, you know..I've been bullied my whole life and now everything's suppose to be normal? It just seems to good to be true..." I sigh remembering all the times I was pushed to the ground, told i was worthless, screamed at...they'll never leave me..

Placing both hands on my shoulders Leo looks at me with sad eyes.

"Don't put your self down. Your a strong person rose. Here" Leo taps my head. "Here" he then points to my heart "and here" Leo points to my arm muscles with a grin.

"And boy do you know how to fight" Leo then continues walking dramatically gushing over me.

"I swear if I wasn't gay I would so have the hots for you, seriously your fights and moves are such a turn on" Leo says chuckling at my embarrassed red face.

Bumping him playfully i realise we've made it through the whole parking lot without as much as a glare or the evil eye. Hmm I guess things are changing around here with them gone.

"Can you stop, I actually felt really bad when I punched Jason in the throat that day. He wouldn't stop wheezing and coughing after that match" I frown slightly.

Laughing at me Leo throws an arm around my shoulder.

"Your too good you know that. Even I see it and we just met ahah" Leo chuckles ruffling my hair.

"No I'm not. I'm just nice" I state to him.

It's true, I not being self centred or anything but I am a nice person. It's in my nature I guess. But I am not 'good'...good passed me when years ago when I was taken...

"Ohh please. You stopped the freaking car to let a rabbit cross the road...a rabbit oh and this morning at Starbucks you stranded at the door holding it open for like ten five minutes or something while a whole bunch of old people walked in..oh your a goody two shoes" Leo state smirking.

Rolling my eyes we walk to our first class that is 'PE'. Since the bell rang a few minutes ago me and Leo have a bit of time before coach calls us out on the field. Ok now I may seem like the nerdy loner girl that reads a lot and hangs alone at lunch but I'm surprisingly really good at sports, thanks to my brother of course ahah!

"You go in there and I go in her. Your locker number is 15, put on the clothes in the locker and meet out on the field in five" I instruct him,

Saluting me with a grin I shake my head and walk off to the girls locker room. Stepping in the locker room I see a few familiar faces but none that do any harm, walking over to my locker I stuff my bag in there and start taking off my clothes. Since the schools girls clothes are basically made for sluts they made the PE clothes to a girly girls standard. Slipping on the very short PE shorts I lace up my black running nikes and then throw on the schools grey muscle tank top with the logo on the back and head out. Walking out of the locker room the first thing I see is Miss lane talking or shall I say flirting with the guys class young PE teacher Mr prez. Haha this would be alright is Miss lane was a tad bit younger but ehh, who am I too ruin old- I mean 'young' love ahah.