Chapter 16: His voice

Walking down the long passage way to the outside garden near the front of the pack house, I stuff my hands in my pocket and tighten my jacket around my waist. Breathing in the cold air I let out a shaky breath as I look out at the foggy morning sky as the fog starts lifting up off the fresh green morning grass.

Thinking hard about everything and everybody at the same time, I kick a few stones laying about on the concrete pavement and let my mind wander off to my mate...Damien.

Words can't express the way I miss him...

He was apart of my life for a short period of time, and the only person that is responsible for that is me.

I've hated what I did to him and my family, but never have I regretted it.

Anyways, Today marks the first month I've been away.

I've been out someways, and others I've been stuck inside my room with the curtains shut and fresh set of tears streaming down my face.

It's been hard but I've had more happy and blissful days than sad. I'm learning to be by myself and independent, and as much as I hate to admit it so far it's been helpful and...good.

I've become my own person rather than what my brothers tell me what to do.

I walk freely around the pack,

I wake up whenever I want,

I do not train which is a relief,

And the main one is I don't feel like I'm being something I'm not.

I know it sounds stupid and maybe even a little poetic,

But I've learnt to be free and well...myself.

I cant pinpoint when things started to change within me, but I feel a sense of peace here.

Its hard, I mean miss my brothers and dad like crazy,

And especially Damien...

But I've become a better person here.

It's not so much of the place that's helped me,

Its more like the people and the time alone that's helped me.

Alexa and Jason has given me my space as much as they can manage and hey, I'll take what I can get from them.

I've had days alone in the pack, hell I know what it's like to be alone..but now is different, it's like I have to be alone now to be able to grow out of my bad state of mind.

I still get nightmares and flashbacks from my past, but everything's different now...

I'm not afraid anymore.

I just wished I was like this when I first met my mate, because now that I'm different, everything back at home is as well.

Deciding my pity party is over, I start my morning routine and walk over to the wood log stumps and take a seat. Crossing my legs I pull out my phone and go over the missed calls and texts from everyone.

One thing that doesn't surprise me is that Damien has never given up...

Sometimes I wish he did, but I always have hope and faith that he doesn't.

Scrolling to the top I notice there is voice mail from him.

All in one moment, I feel my heart beat start to increase.

Ohh man...I haven't heard his voice in what feels like forever.

Biting my lip nervously I decide whether or not to click on it, I think what harm can it do and with that I press on it.

After seconds of waiting, his deep husky voice followed by his shaky breathing meets the phone.

Ohh god, he already sounds like hell and he hasn't even spoken yet...

"It's me again....*sighs* I'm ringing once again in hopes of actually hearing your voice or at least hearing you breath so I know your alright....I'm Umm, I'm getting the Alpha position in a few days, well Friday actually. I guess I just wanted you to know, even if you don't get this, it helps rather than talking to myself....I just want you to know if you really are alright, can you please just ring me back or send me a message..or anything...even if you don't want to be my mate or luna, I understand....I just need to know your alright. I miss you.........." 

Hearing the end of the voice mail I don't realise tears are flooding down my face until I feel a small warm hand touch my tears gently.

Snapping my eyes open I come face to face with a frowning Michael.

Sniffling I force a small smile on my lips as he continues to wipe at my face as if it's his job to clean me up.

Smiling a little bit more at his cuteness he jumps on my lap and hugs my shoulders.

This is what I needed...a hug.

Pulling back a few minutes later Michael smiles at me gently as he looks at me with sad eyes,

"What's wrong luna? Why are you crying?" He asks me with a frown.

Wrapping his small fluffy pyjama coat around him as the breeze picks up, I look at him and smile softly although it's a fake one.

"I just miss someone buddy, that's all" I say reassuring him.

"Is it your dad?" He asks me.

"I miss him too, but no. It's not him" I say,

Thinking hard about it, he lights up with a idea and looks back at me.

"Your brother?" He tries again.

Shaking my head he continues guessing as I tell him not to worry.

This little guy is so set on knowing it's almost making me want to smile.

"Sister?"

Chuckling I hug him tight against me and look off into the woods.

"It's my mate" I breath out with a small smile playing at my lips.

Looking up at me Michael scrunched his brows together and looks surprised and somewhat confused.

"Wait...you have a mate? But your only little like me" he asks me confused.

Now by that response, I real smile forms on my lips.

"Indeed I do little man. He's a big strong Alpha" I say sighing at the mention of Damien.

"Wow! Can I meet him?" Michael asks me excited.

As the smile falls from my face, I nod my head and look away as he jumps with joy and jumps out of my lap.

"I've gotta go back, momma is calling me. But I'll see you soon, bye luna!" He cheers as he races this front door where his mother is waiting for him with a smile on her face.

Looking over at me she waves and I return the gesture.

After a few minutes of just sitting there motionless, I decide to pick myself up and stand up.

Putting my phone into my pocket, I dust my pants off without much thought to it and make my journey back to the house where I can see Alexa and Jason messing around in the kitchen with Arabella.

Wiping at my face just i case of any escaped tears, I compose myself and enter the sliding door within seconds.

"Morning everyone" I smile brightly as if I didn't hear my mates voice just minutes ago.

_________________________

Hey guys, sorry it's been ages since I've updated so here's my apology chapter lol.

Comment,
Vote,
Follow me!!

Comment what you guys think, I don't know what way I'm going with this book so I need your feedback people.