Chapter 36: The Host of an Evil God

Ave made it in the fifth floor just a hick of time before the door started to close on Charlie’s room. It erupted once she’s near it with a Charlie overthrown by the opposite wall. The Charlie landed head first and was vaporized later on.

Ara stood inside the messy room with one hand clutching Trip’s shirt, lifting him above the ground. There was blood on Trip’s mouth which dripped down his clothes. The pain that was in his eyes as he tried his best to protect Charlie was visible.

“Glad you came to the party,” Ara looked her with a sinister look. Trip fell on his bad foot when Ara let him free; his agonizing pain wasn’t fun to watch as small amount of uncontrolled tears escaped his eyed while biting his lips. Hands twitching as he slowly touched his feet to do a quick massage but even the contact of his own hands brought in pain into his broken foot.

“Sit if you want to,” Ara walked over to a chair and sat like a lady. The burnt mark on her face had healed already but left a despicable scar that was still red-black in color. “Don’t worry, I just want to talk.” She rolled her eyes but Ave looked at her untrustingly.

Ave walked by very slowly while making eye contact with Ara as she made her way to help Trip out. Pain was still on Trip’s side as he asked not to be moved from his position, he sat there in an uncomfortable position while mending on his needs.

“What do you want?” Ave asked in a vengeful manner. She sat by Charlie’s bed where he was untouched and the machines that sustained his life were still on one piece.

Ara let out a huge sigh then smiled. “My brother never approved the idea but his now dead, so I make the decisions.” She stood up from her seat and stared at a distance. There was a motherly figure that reminded Ave of her; a sinister motherly figure.

Ave stared in anticipation as Ara reached down for a gun that was left on the floor, one of the Charlie’s weapons perhaps. Calmness flowed through Ave’s mind, a great ball of revenge ravaged her senses but to listen was her priority for she was in no condition to fight just yet.

Do not be fooled, Ave thought of.

“I want you and the rest of the rest of your kind to join me,” Ara let out. Suspicion was all Ave thought, it was an unexpected thing that came out of her mouth.

No, do not make a deal whatever she offers, Ave said to herself.

“This earth planet will be more…” her voice trailed off to look for the word. “ravishing, if you may, if other gods could only rule this pitiful, grotesque planet of yours.”

Ave chuckled. “You cannot play God.”

Ara sent a spine chilling stare that pieced directly to her soul. “I am God.” She said while her voice changed into a menacing manly voice that was far worse than guns firing outside the hospital. From dark tantalizing black eyes, her eye color changed to a mean red color that almost took all of the white space on her eyeballs. Something was definitely wrong with Ara as Ave thought.

Ara cleared her throat and her eyes changed back to normal. “As I was saying,” she took a seat once again in a lady manner. “This world is run by gods who showed mercy and kindness to the world. It’s time for discipline, it’s time for change, a new era to arrive.” Her voice grew powerful and the wind inside the room had somehow strengthened as well even though no windows were open, just the big opening on the wall where the door was used to be in.

“Don’t do it Ave,” Trip said in pain, he had been so quiet lately that Ave forgot that he was in the same room.

“Silence,” Ara’s voice pierced through the room as she walked slowly towards Trip who looked straight in her eyes with so much courage. “Trip, Trip, once a promising child. You just don’t know what you’re capable of. What happened to you?”