Chapter 12: Give Me A Hug

Isabelle walked casually towards the man who told her the news and gave him a pat at the back. “I’ll take it from here,” she said and walked over the elevator where she was noticeably sprinting but didn’t want anybody to notice.

“Isabelle,” Charlie called out but she didn’t look back. “We need to follow her.” He said to Luna who placed the gun down and dashed towards the elevator where Isabelle already had closed the doors and proceeded to the grounded floor.

They waited for at least a minute before the elevator doors had opened and another minute before they made it to the ground floor. The core was already busy with people and the scene of black and white was already in place. Isabelle wasn’t hard to spot, she was on her way out of the South wing where the clinic was located and from the look of her face, good news wasn’t in reach.

The two approached who seemed not herself at the moment. “Isabelle wait,” Charlie said when he took her hand to stop her for a moment.

“What are you doing here? I didn’t tell you to come,” she said keeping her commander state as she wiped a tear from her cheek. She tugged her hand away and walked off.

“Wait, will you,” Luna said and stood in front of Isabelle. “We just want to help you.” She said with concern lacing her words. The empathy in her eyes penetrated even the toughest of shell that was Isabelle. She hugged Luna which she didn’t expect for she was still practically a stranger to her.

Charlie patted Isabelle’s shoulder and waited for her to calm down. Isabelle resisted her tears but some found their way out destroying her mascara that made her look like a soggy cake.

“The doctors said he’s not in the South Wing clinic but at Knight Johnny’s Clinic downstairs.” Isabelle said.

“We’ll come with you,” Charlie proposed, Isabelle nodded and lead the way. It was only a staircase away and a huge corridor before they reached the said clinic. It was cold and abandoned at the clinic except for a handful of people who worked at the nearby offices surrounding the clinic.

The walls to the clinic were anciently inspired with its rustic grey brick walls and medieval paintings that were hanged on the wall. It was so different from the core above and yet it has the same goal to impress anyone who’d seen it. The door was red but had no knobs, it can be open by easily pushing it.

Isabelle stopped at the door and held the smooth red door for quite a moment; she breathed in and opened the door before she let her breath out. There were three units which all were covered with curtains. The smell of iron was overwhelming that they found the need to cover their noses. The nurse said that Isabelle’s father Bobby was in the middle one, the nurse eventually left and nobody else was on duty which gave them some privacy.

“Dad,” Isabelle fearfully said afraid of what’s behind the curtain. She clutched the side of it tightly and with one big pull it revealed his father who lay on the bed with his smart phone on his hand as he read some messages. “Isabelle,” he said as he saw her come out of the curtain.

“I thought you were dead,” Isabelle said and hugged his dad tightly. She sat on the bed and breathed heavily for the worst was not given. Bobby sat up and hid his phone away. It revealed that the only thing to be concerned about was the expensive suit that was totally ruined with sand and not to mention the cuts it had. Bobby had one particular bruise on his face that was worthy of a band aid but the rest of him was fine and complete.

“I thought when a man came running in, wearing his pajamas and saying that you’re hurt means a total emergency where you are bleeding to death but you’re just here playing with your phone.” Isabelle angrily said but hugged his father and chuckled.